Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anesti

NYC EMS rigs Pre FDNY Merger

15 posts in this topic

Still have a few more Nypd stuff to post but thought i change the pace a bit. Special operations looks like a Chevy Horton Would anyone know what these were used for??

post-18231-0-70584900-1318467645.jpg

x635, firedude and sfrd18 like this

Another SOD based veichle,another chevy/horton dont rember much about these but quite interesting none the less.

post-18231-0-08648600-1318467831.jpg

sfrd18, firedude and x635 like this

Cool, but I thought NYC EMS' colors were blue, white, and red.

Cool, but I thought NYC EMS' colors were blue, white, and red.

I dont recall any red,when i get home i look through the pics but i think it was always blue,white and orange

Shortly after FDNY took over, the first batch of ambulances were white with a blue and and red stripe. I forget if these were ordered new or repainted units. IIRC this paint scheme didnt last very long and was replaced by the current scheme by 9/11

The merge/takeover occurred in 1996. I found this photo 1995 NYC EMS Ford F-350 Bus and in reading a a few sites, the NYC*EMS was removed and replaced by FD*NY

Grump, they were repainted EMS units with the red/blue striping. The present paint scheme showed up in 1997 or 98, IIRC.

I dont recall any red,when i get home i look through the pics but i think it was always blue,white and orange

Made sence they were the blue,white, and orange pre FDNY since those are the colors of NYC.

Very nice! Any more photos of individual buses? I know NYC EMS used a wide variety of chassis and manufacturer combinations over the years, and I'm trying to find an example of each.