Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed Harvey

Lebanon Valley Dragway Ambulance and Safety Truck

11 posts in this topic

I was recently invited up to the Lebanon Valley Dragway in West Lebanon, NY to check out the emergency services operation there. Here are a couple of quick shots of their primary ambulance, a 1993 Ford F-350 Life Line former with Berlin, NY.

DSC00749-L.jpg

DSC00761-L.jpg

firedude and x635 like this

Here's their safety truck former a MA Bell Phone Company Truck with 125 gallon water tank that is propelled by nitrogen. They have a second pick truck with some basic safety gear that I didn't get to shoot this time. They are planning on purchasing a real mini pumper/rescue in the near future. Needless to say it was a fun visit and am I planning on going back up there next summer.

DSC00755-L.jpg

DSC00763-L.jpg

DSC00765-L.jpg

x635 and firedude like this

Also got a so-so shot of a bald eagle over the track - I'd never seen one in the wild before!

DSC00766-L.jpg

x635 and firedude like this

Oh yeah it was a "test and tune" day so there was quite the mix match of vehicles on the track, here is just one of them. All these photos are linked back to my website where you can see more.

DSC00807-L.jpg

Edited by Ed Harvey
16fire5, x635 and firedude like this

That tree in the background of photo 1 is begging for a treestand in it! Great photos Ed!

Here's their safety truck former a MA Bell Phone Company Truck with 125 gallon water tank that is propelled by nitrogen. They have a second pick truck with some basic safety gear that I didn't get to shoot this time. They are planning on purchasing a real mini pumper/rescue in the near future. Needless to say it was a fun visit and am I planning on going back up there next summer.

Great shots, Ed! The truck is fully powered on nitrogen?

Great shots, Ed! The truck is fully powered on nitrogen?

I think just the "pump" for the water tank is, interesting and scary at the same time.

How do they staff those units ?

Each vehicle gets one staff member - the Ambulance and Rescue get an EMT each, it would have to be a "bad day" for them to transport, but they can if need be. It would have been Lebanon Valley Protective Assn. Ambulance up until recent would respond now it is Chatham Rescue. The issuing being that due to a state law a fire company could not bill, and that billing was keeping the EMS operations going.