Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reliance

RIP Hal Bruno

6 posts in this topic

Rest in Peace Hal Bruno. You will be greatly missed in the Fire Service.

A great man, a great leader....Hal...you will be sorely missed by all in the Fire Service...Godspeed thru the Pearly Gates RIP.

Wow, had the honor of meeting Hal a few times at CFSI. A real loss to the fire service in this country, he was a big advocate for us. Rest in Peace Hal.

R.I.P.hal you were a great friend to the fire service and to your company Fire Patrol & Rescue Co#1 of the port chester fire dept while you served here.this is a big loss for all fireman across the country but the work you did lives on.

For those of you that didn't know Hal he was a member of Fire Patrol & Rescue Co #1. Port Chester New York Fire Dept He was the man that changed our company from a Fire Police to a true Heavy Rescue company . In my Volunteer days we fought side by side in some of the biggest fires that hit our dept, riots of the 70's 3 story cold water flats burning on both side's of the street at the same time. He worked in the Media in the city and gave all his spare time to the company. He could not be tied down and because of this he got a job offer from Newsday to be a Politcal Journalist in Washinton D C . He also servied while in DC for the Chevy/Chase Maryland Rescue, He was one of the first on location at the Pentigon 9/11 driving that big Kenworth Rescue they had. When he retired the President of United States made him chairmen of the Fallen Firefighters Foundation because of his background in the fire servrce. He servied his Village, his Fire company, his job, and his Country ! His last trip to Port Chester he had a meeting in the city to give out monies to the NYC children and widows fund and took a Senator [?] with him to ride Rescue 40 [PCFD] for the day. My son[rescue40] had the privlege of taking them on a few runs that day and it was good to see him back in the saddle where he belonged . R.I.P. to a good Friend, and a great Firefighter. The Fire service lost a great one . Angelo

Edited by PCFD ENG58

He grew up in Chicago and was a young buff and journalist who was riding with one of the CFD Squads on the day of the Our Lady of the Angels School fire in Dec. '58 that killed 92 school kids.

Thanks for all you did for the fire service!

Rest in Peace Hal!

x129K likes this