Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emscornsnake

Yaphank FD Open House

9 posts in this topic

Nice shots! Love the demo of throwing water on the greese fire.

x129K likes this

Nice shots! Love the demo of throwing water on the greese fire.

I agree! People have heard of the concept, but it really is different to actually SEE it first hand!!

Also, quick question, why the lettering on the windshield of the Rescue "LADDER RESCUE". To ME, I would think something with an aerial device would be labeled a "Ladder" whatever, but I see no aerial.

Just for clarification, thanks!!!

I agree! People have heard of the concept, but it really is different to actually SEE it first hand!!

Also, quick question, why the lettering on the windshield of the Rescue "LADDER RESCUE". To ME, I would think something with an aerial device would be labeled a "Ladder" whatever, but I see no aerial.

Just for clarification, thanks!!!

I believe that the Ladder Company also operates the Rescue, hence the Ladder Rescue on the windshield of the rescue truck also.

Thank you everyone for the responses. As far as why it is labeled a "Ladder Rescue" I am not to sure about that since I do not go down there very often, and I do not really go to that firehouse a lot when I am there. Next time I go down there which will hopefully be soon I will ask them about that. Thanks again everyone.

Why were the firefighters not protecting their faces while popping glass, popping open doors and using the jaws of life? It would be quite embarrassing if any of them suffered a facial or eye injury during a public demonstration. Not professional at all.