Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONEEYEDMIC

Fire chief's daughter struck Pelham Manor cop with her car

11 posts in this topic

Journal News

PELHAM MANOR - The daughter of the village's fire chief is the driver who allegedly struck and seriously injured a Pelham Manor police officer.

Jillian Ruggiero, daughter of Pelham Manor Fire Chief Joseph Ruggiero, is the subject of the investigation into the Tuesday night collision that left Officer Michael Tillistrand with life-threatening head injuries.

My prayers go out to the officer and the PMPD. I also pray for this young lady and her family. This cannot be an easy thing to deal with.

Why do they report who struck the Officer? Is it really neccessary to do this, knowing she's probably dealing with enough already?!

Focus should be on the officer and his recovery.

I almost feel like this thread should be deleted... it has no benefit to anyone involved.

BBBMF and billy98988 like this

Why do they report who struck the Officer? Is it really neccessary to do this, knowing she's probably dealing with enough already?!

I almost feel like this thread should be deleted... it has no benefit to anyone involved.

Why because its the Chiefs daughter? If it was some regular nobody civie it would be no big deal posting who it was and how that person should be locked up and pay for this terrible tragedy.

Why because its the Chiefs daughter? If it was some regular nobody civie it would be no big deal posting who it was and how that person should be locked up and pay for this terrible tragedy.

What crime was committed? It doesn't matter to me that she is the Fire Chief's daughter, who did this means nothing to me. What I hate is how this information has become so "vital" to news stories. If it's an accident, then I see no reason to publish it, let alone make it a subject HERE, since it does nobody any good.

Right?

What charges do you want to see filed against her???

What crime was committed? It doesn't matter to me that she is the Fire Chief's daughter, who did this means nothing to me. What I hate is how this information has become so "vital" to news stories. If it's an accident, then I see no reason to publish it, let alone make it a subject HERE, since it does nobody any good.

Right?

Accidents happen all the time and i see both parties listed.No one ever says anything about it then but now all of a sudden we should'nt post because it does no one any good.... cmon man. Look, what happened, happened, if its an accident so be it. Just a crazy coincidence that we are now all aware of. For the record i never said a crime was committed nor do i think at this point any charges should be filed.In fact doesn't matter what i think anyway in terms of what should and shouldn't be filed against her, doesn't matter what anyone here thinks. I was just stating the routes i have seen common situations like this take.

Edited by 99subi
Bull McCaffrey likes this

I love how they have to add in that its the Chief's daughter. Does it really matter what her father is? Why not just put here name if you want to release the information.

ny10570 likes this

Because a cop is fighting for his life after being struck by a car driven by her.

I think who she is explains why no charges have been filed. If she was just some moron I think she would have locked up or summonsed on the spot

Why should the thread be deleted because you disagree with it?

What charges do you want to see filed against her???

If this was a fireman struck at a fire scene would you be asking the same question?

Hows about charging her under the new "Move Over Law" passed to prevent just such an incident as this.

The move over law requires motorists on multi-lane highways to slow down and "move over" (when safe to do so) giving safe clearance to approaching stopped emergency vehicles with red flashing lights. If you do not slow down and change lanes when approaching such vehicle, you can be issued a moving violation which carries 3 points and up to a $150 fine. On single lane roads, motorists must slow down and use caution.

More than 150 U.S. law enforcement officers have been killed since 1999 after being struck by vehicles along America's highways, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. To lower that deadly toll, almost every state has enacted a "move over" law.

Because a cop is fighting for his life after being struck by a car driven by her.

I think who she is explains why no charges have been filed. If she was just some schmuck I think she would have locked up or summonsed on the spot

Why should the thread be deleted because you disagree with it?

I have been watching this thread and reading and couldn't agree more. Now I know this was an accident and it's not like she was driving drunk or texting or doing something stupid. She simply had an accident. Plain and simple. He was in the street, she couldn't see him, there was a collision end of story. They did not need to release who her father is. He was not driving the car and was not in the car with he. It is most likely a political thing. Her not being brought up on charges however is a different story. I am sure she will be charged but not for some grand thing. Maybe the "Move over" law will be applied, maybe some other minor charge but that's about it. If you or I did it, Front page news, pics of me in handcuffs, perp walks, the whole nine. I feel bad for her and know she does not need this. Hopefully Officer Tillistrand recovers quickly with no long term damage.

x129K likes this

Reporting the operators of vehicles involved in serious accidents is not uncommon.

Noting the associations and/or relationships of those involved is also a common media tactic so we shouldn't be surprised that it was reported. Right, wrong, or indifferent that's how the media operates. Some would call it irony.

Finally, the accident was two days ago and is under investigation. Charges and/or fault has yet to be determined; summonses are rarely issued at the scene of such an accident and it is currently unknown if such action is appropriate.

After staff discussion, in light of the unusual nature of this incident and involved parties, this thread is being closed. It may be reopened at a future time if conditions warrant. Thank you for your understanding.

x129K, 99subi, billy98988 and 3 others like this