Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JM15

Smart Phone Apps

12 posts in this topic

So I had a discussion the other night about the amount of apps that are out there for Emergency Services now.. It seems like everyone has a smart phone and there is a lot of really cool stuff out there. Figured this would be a good place to share what apps you use and/or like.

Iphone:

Wiser-- Hazmat information

CMC Rescue Guide-- Technical and rope rescue information

Hazmat Reference (The "ERG")

911 Toolkit

FireRescue 1--- News

Grog Knots--- Awesome to use when practicing

Fire Engineering--- News

Fire Calculator--- Easy to use app to figure out the "math"

Hybrid Auto Extrication Guide-- Decent Hybrid extrication guide

Crash Recovery System Lite--- Pretty much the same program we have in our MDT on the rig but a lot cheaper and easier to use

Edited by JM15

So I had a discussion the other night about the amount of apps that are out there for Emergency Services now.. It seems like everyone has a smart phone and there is a lot of really cool stuff out there. Figured this would be a good place to share what apps you use and/or like.

Iphone:

Wiser-- Hazmat information

CMC Rescue Guide-- Technical and rope rescue information

Hazmat Reference (The "ERG")

911 Toolkit

FireRescue 1--- News

Grog Knots--- Awesome to use when practicing

Fire Engineering--- News

Fire Calc--- Easy to use app to figure out the "math"

Hybrid Auto Extrication Guide-- Decent Hybrid extrication guide

Crash Recovery System Lite--- Pretty much the same program we have in our MDT on the rig but a lot cheaper and easier to use

i have and use 911 tool kit. Its great and very easy to use with a little of everything that stills packs enough information to be confident in the answer it gives you. Great App!

If your on Android and have dispatches sent to you phone by SMS, check out Cadpage. Creates a separate dashboard for dispatches, custom ringtones and a handy map button which launches the run address in the maps app.

Edited by OoO

i would get android just for the capability of using cadpage... i have been looking for something like that on iphone for a long time. or hydrant locations...

Cadpage would be awesome for the iphone....

Cadpage would be awesome for the iphone....

Agreed, I looked into it, but their licencing agreement will not allow them to make the move to the iPhone.

If you're considering a Droid over an iPhone just for the use of CADPage........ unsure.gif. I just got the iPhone less then a month ago and absolutely love it. Best device I've ever purchased. Guys who just bought the droid I know, really wish they went with the iPhone instead.

I have the WISER app on my black berry. Nice app to have. came in handy over the past few years. I also have a EMS drug guide. Gives names, generics and side effects for just about every drug and up dates every few days. Much easier than carrying the old note pads.

on the driod phones it has an app for the NY State BLS protocols as well as some great test review question apps

Not an app, but still delivered to my phone via email -- I have a scanner connected to a free desktop program called Two Tone Detect. It listens for the pager tones for my company, then records the next X seconds (30 in my case) of radio traffic, and emails me the audio file. So, within 45 seconds, I have a nice little archive of the call sitting on my phone and my desktop computer.

Epocrates while working EMS for Meds and pill identification.

Having the ERG for Fire is nice also.

Epocrates while working EMS for Meds and pill identification.

Having the ERG for Fire is nice also.

A SALTY Fire Captain such as you probably knows all of that off the top of your head of course....

Haha lol.

Just a SALT PACKET right now. Give me a few more years...