Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

The Dreaded Edit

7 posts in this topic

Regarding the site's editing policy, I'd just like to observe how the process has changed over time:

USED TO BE:

*You could delete any of your posts, anytime you felt like it. This apparently disrupted the flow of the threads, so it was eliminated.

*You could edit your posts going back in time with no limits.

*Used to be if you edited, it was a note at the bottom of the post.

NOW:

*There's an "edit window" where you get a chance to correct or reword for a limited amount of hours.

*If God forbid, you DO edit you weasel, it looks like a big dirty pencil eraser that says "edited by such and such" in bold letters.

*So think twice before you edit. It's obviously frowned upon. You weasel. lol B)

Edit: I admit it, I've edited!

Edited by efdcapt115

add.png #925

Now you see it, now you dont....

Allowing older posts to be edited became an issue especially for those instances where someone else quoted another member's post, in response to that member.

What would lead to confusion is we would have a post that got edited, and the quoted one will not reflect the subsequent edit.

Also after a post has been visible to the public for a while, allowing it to be modified at will "down the road" could disrupt the continuity and time-line of a topic thread.

So, think twice, post once! LOL!

[edit]

[/edit]

Edited by helicopper
principle ;-D

And check your spelling and grammar as well....can't make a good argument or sound professional...if you don't sound or look professional.

Looks like I'm in deep...My spelling sucks!!!

At least even if it is..you can still read yours and understand your point. I see some on here that the only way it would fit is if it could be written in crayon.

At least even if it is..you can still read yours and understand your point. I see some on here that the only way it would fit is if it could be written in crayon.

It's too bad the screens not made out of construction paper...

edit: hasn't this editing box thing always been around? I've always seen it after I've edited my posts

Edited by JohnnyOV