Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ex-commish

Out of control

12 posts in this topic

I saw on the news earlier ( if I knew how to post links I would of) where an off duty New jersey cop was beaten by a mob of people because he was wearing a Ranger uniform. There is actually a video that shows it. What baffles me is in watching the video no one came to the aid of the cop being beaten. And wether it was a cop or anyone else how can people just stand there and watch such a brutal beating of a human being. People are out of control. This guy did two tours overseas in the Marines, works as a cop yet gets hurt at a hockey game. I can only hope that the lowlifes that did this not only gets caught but gets some well deserved "bullpen therapy" ( as we used to call it on my former job)...

Prayers for a speedy recovery for the injured officer.

BFD1054, sfrd18 and JetPhoto like this

Link to blog post - someone actually admitted to it and then later on ratted out 2 of his other friends. The idiot proceeded to change his fb profile pic and then later delete his account altogether but not before people could get information about him.

<--- *Note* video contains foul language

The other Rangers fan was the off duty p.o.'s son.

Both were taken to hospital with concussions along with a few other injuries.

Sounds all too similar to the Paramedic beaten outside a ballgame on the West Coast. Only recently did he regain consciousness.

What I really don't understand with people today that it is only a GAME that's all. To beat someone up just wearing a different teams Jersey is beyond stupid.

I don't know what else to say but **insert expletives**

Chris

BFD1054 likes this

First off, this was nothing like the LA assault. There were other Rangers fans there that weren't being attacked. You can even see them in the video. There was something that preceded the fight. I am in no way justifying the actions of the Philly fans, but why were these two magically picked out of the crowed to get beat up? That venue was at least 1/3 Rangers fans and this is the one incident.

The fight was outside of Geno's Cheesesteak place, not at the game. I have been to Flyer Ranger games at the old Spectrum and Flyer fans are insane. I would not be suprised if this occured simply bacause of the victims jersey.

Yes, its kind of obvious where exactly the fight took place, but all those Rangers fans didn't just teleport out of the city. There's at least three other Rangers fans there. It wasn't about the Jersey. This reminds me of the fight in Yonkers(?) where the Sox fan was hospitalized. After the media hype died out, it turned out the fight had nothing to do with baseball but was over a girl or something to that affect.

If you read the blog post and the comments by the kid who claims to have taken part in it/started it he gave reason(s) for it. Granted it sounds more like bs than a justifiable reason.

I saw on the news earlier ( if I knew how to post links I would of) where an off duty New jersey cop was beaten by a mob of people because he was wearing a Ranger uniform. There is actually a video that shows it. What baffles me is in watching the video no one came to the aid of the cop being beaten. And wether it was a cop or anyone else how can people just stand there and watch such a brutal beating of a human being. People are out of control. This guy did two tours overseas in the Marines, works as a cop yet gets hurt at a hockey game. I can only hope that the lowlifes that did this not only gets caught but gets some well deserved "bullpen therapy" ( as we used to call it on my former job)...

Prayers for a speedy recovery for the injured officer.

Andy, thanks for posting this. This behavior is absolutley disgusting and down right disturbing. This sort of nonsense is all to common though.

What I really don't understand with people today that it is only a GAME that's all. To beat someone up just wearing a different teams Jersey is beyond stupid.

I don't know what else to say but **insert expletives**

Chris

Chris, well said. Ive never understood this mentality when it comes to sports teams. Hey, im just a fan, not on the payroll. So to me, its just that and may the better team win.

That said, i happen to be a baseball fan. Ready for this...gasp...i happen to root for the Red Sox. Again, im a baseball fan, but that happens to be the team i root for through the good and bad lol. Hell, ive gone to Yankee and Mets games as well because i like baseball and the atmosphere. But i cant wear a Sox hat or t-shirt without the fear of a fight. I can take b*ll-busting, as i get it at my Firehouse and work. But ive had people try and fight me because of who i root for.

Heres another video for you all. Two Baltimore City PO's attempting to effect an arrest and are ASSAULTED by a "by-stander." NOBODY comes to their aid, but someone video's the incident and is heard telling the perp(s) to run. He also states that he has everything on video and implements that the PO's will be in trouble for their use of force!

F**King savages!

Link to video:

http://www.policeone.com/close-quarters-combat/articles/4923231-Video-of-attack-on-Md-cop-goes-viral/?fb_ref=homepage

x129K likes this

No reason for this "Gang Assult" at all.

If your so tuff and want to fight, join the armed services, they will send you someplace where you can leagly kill someone can learn when it's the time to fight and when not too.

Jim