Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy98988

Westchester County, NY - Correction Officer (Closing: 2/10/2012)

7 posts in this topic

Last Filing Date: 2/10/12

Date Posted: 1/11/12

Exam #: 68-241

Exam Date: 4/14/12

CORRECTION OFFICER

A NON-REFUNDABLE $50.00 APPLICATION FEE IS REQUIRED FOR EACH SEPARATELY NUMBERED EXAMINATION FOR WHICH YOU APPLY. SEE APPLICATION FILING FEE STATEMENT ON LAST SECTION OF ANNOUNCEMENT.

SALARY

$50,125 - Starting Salary

$78,795 - Maximum reached in four additional steps

My link

BFD1054 likes this

Are they actually hiring?

foreman1923...I took the last CO Exam in 07(?) and was canvassed. Not sure if theyre hiring, but doesnt hurt to get the test practice and possibly get on the list.

Good luck to anyone who desides to take the exam.

I know of at least one recent retirement (certain EMTBravo member) <_<

Edited by BFD1054

Yea I also know a guy from my fd who is retiring soon its a pretty good job and fdny ems doesn't really pay that well and who knows if I'll get the promo to firefighter. Thanks for the advice

JP59 likes this

foreman1923...I took the last CO Exam in 07(?) and was canvassed. Not sure if theyre hiring, but doesnt hurt to get the test practice and possibly get on the list.

Good luck to anyone who desides to take the exam.

I know of at least one recent retirement (certain EMTBravo member) <_<

Hmmmmmm..wonder who that is??? ;) Actually from now untill 2015 there are an expected mass amount of retirements as there was a massive hiring spree in between 1986 and 1990. Anyone needing information about the job itself feel free to send me a private message or e-mail me at amanc2196@aol.com. Good luck those who take the exam.

BFD1054 likes this

Are they actually hiring?

[/q

yes they have a class waiting to come in from the old list and we are waiting for our contract if we get what they say there could be up to 150 officers retiring this year and another 200 within two years. Our top pay will go from 78,000 to 92,000 if we get the new contract.

[/q

yes they have a class waiting to come in from the old list and we are waiting for our contract if we get what they say there could be up to 150 officers retiring this year and another 200 within two years. Our top pay will go from 78,000 to 92,000 if we get the new contract.

I also believe they are waiting for Tier 6 to be created