Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Rochelle Ladder 13 Star Of Many Childrens Books

7 posts in this topic

I've always noticed that New Rochelle Ladder 13 (the old Pierce) has been the star fire truck in many, many childrens books.

Since my daughter LOVES books, I was searching around for a few small books for her. Of course, being who I am, one of the books was about airplanes, trains, boats, trucks, police cars, etc...

This bookstore is awesome, and has an overwhelming amount of childrens books, just about every one published probaly. But this book really stood out, and ended up in my shopping bag.

post-11-0-80331400-1326641993.jpg

sfrd18, PEMO3 and firedude like this

Seth,

Look around some more. Old R4, and a New Roc Chief's car are also in a number of the same types of books. My son has a number of them. Sometimes they block out the department names, sometimes now. My parents got a kick out of it because I was born at New Rochelle Hospital.

RA

DK publisher did about 10 different books that had New Rochelle, Mt Vernon, White Plains & DES (Hazmat) rigs. Funny since they are a british publisher.

I remember seeing a kids book with New Rochelle FD Deputy Chief Stone in a suburban talking on the radio while responding to a call.

Bnechis likes this

New Rochelle FD apparatus and Greenville Engine 150 in this Fire Safety video for Kids.

Oh god I remember watching this as a kid in tthe 90s....