Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve

Yonkers 3rd Alarm 01/30/12

11 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing these shots!

Look like some very difficult exposures (as is the case many times in Yonkers), especially the back of the building, and the location of the fire escapes.

Hope to see some more info on that building...how many stories were below grade, and where did the fire escapes lead to?

I see one person who I believe to be a chief with green triple-trim on their gear. Is Yonkers switching over colors from orange to green or is that just something with the chief officers?

I see one person who I believe to be a chief with green triple-trim on their gear. Is Yonkers switching over colors from orange to green or is that just something with the chief officers?

That's been the YFD Chief Officer coat colors for a while now.

thanks. Im not familiar with southern westchester much.

kinda funny to see a chief with a pack on, especially during exterior ops....just sayin. Though it is nice to see a high level officer with a pack on. You don't see that often (at least where I've worked).

Saw on the video stream out of News12 that YFD Engine 307 was running a master stream from along the Old Croton Aquaduct, up into the complex that was on fire. I was curious to know what logistic issues 307 had as it related to getting water into the rig from that location. Also read that water pressure was an issue at this job.

Steve likes this

Looks like he didn't have to hard of issue, laid past the collaspe zone and started pumping. 5" looks good with plenty of water!

They hit the hydrant at Warburton & Glenwood and then stretch 5" line along the Adqueduct. It was a long stretch to say the least.