Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Tell me what this is [ round #2 ]

17 posts in this topic

Ok start guessing, looking for year, type , model and what else you think !

post-289-0-71155700-1329529404.jpg

'50's Mack bucket truck. The bucket looks like the one's I believe the old Ford C San Francisco FD Rescue Squads had back in the '70's.

First Baker Aerialscope on Mack B chasis. Forgot the year.

Bingo!!

From Fire Apparatus Journal:

For several years, New York City had been working with engineers from Mack Trucks to develop an elevating platform apparatus that was designed specifically for operation within New York City and took into consideration the types of structures as well as the narrow streets, severe parking conditions, overhead wires, and elevated rapid transit structures that existed throughout the city. A concept model was constructed by Mack Trucks on a B-model chassis and after modifications, the first production model Aerialscope was delivered to New York City during July, 1964 built on a C-model chassis. The apparatus was equipped with a 75-foot Truco boom and was gasoline powered.

A second Mack C-85 75-foot tower was delivered in 1966. This one had a diesel engine and an Eaton boom. The major differences between this and the 1964 model were the closed compartment in front of the outriggers, control pedestal configuration, and lack of cab running lights.

Four additional Mack C-85 75-foot towers were delivered in 1969.These were likely 1967 models that were delayed in production due to issues at Eaton. They were the first delivered with external waterways. MT6901 had a white boom while they remaining three had gray booms. They were the last Mack C-model apparatus delivered to New York City.

In 1978, Baker retrofitted the hydraulics and installed new boom controls on all four 1969 Mack/Eaton towers.

great find thanks!!

Cogs

ps. Love the wheel chocks...now that's when men were men.

First Baker Aerialscope on Mack B chasis. Forgot the year.

only thing ,at that time the boom was by Trunco then Easton and the last one was Baker now Seagrave has the rights to it .

and here I thought it was four parade judges getting a better look at the men and apparatus as they went by.

just kidding---always nice to see pictures of the past and then we can see how much we have improved--at least in apparatus.

BFD1054 and PCFD ENG58 like this

Ok start guessing, looking for year, type , model and what else you think !

And don't forget to chock the wheels !!!!!!!

One of the first in service !

Angelo,

Nice. I miss the old 58 back in the 70's. I tried to PM you but couldn't get through. Do you have any pics of White Plains FD's Maxim fleet from the 70's? Thanks.

John

Edited by 210

Angelo,

Nice. I miss the old 58 back in the 70's. I tried to PM you but couldn't get through. Do you have any pics of White Plains FD's Maxim fleet from the 70's? Thanks.

John

Go to "protection from the past" postings by TR-54 for WPFD Maxim pictures.

PCFD ENG58 and 210 like this

Past White Plains Maxims

Do you have any pics of White Plains FD's Maxim fleet from the 70's? Thanks.

John

Click above link

210 likes this

It is hard to make out, but the original photo looks like it has a "dealer" plate.

Go to "protection from the past" postings by TR-54 for WPFD Maxim pictures.

Thanks

41 Mack Aerial Platform