Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paratrooper75

Vulcan Society and racism in the FDNY

35 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if any women, latinos and asians were turned away? After all the Vulture Society is suppose to represent them too being that they are also considered minorities within the FDNY, right? Yeah OK! That Society couldn't give a rats a** about those other ethnicities! They have one agenda and that's replace "quality" with "quantity" and in the long run it's the taxpayers who will suffer. I gotta give Bloomberg credit though at least he puts up a fight and won't bow down to these mutts!

No one knows....but I'm sure that they would have treated them with the same disdain they treat everyone else who isn't them. Also, remember that according to this crazy judge, only Blacks and Latinos qualify as minorities (maybe Transgender people too). Asians are not part of this definition of minority. Maybe that's because they probably have a 100% passing rate! I wish I could just rewrite definitions too....stupid Garaufis...

Not every firefighter of color got on because of some court order or a quota. There are minority firefighters who went through the hiring process in the same fashion as the other candidates and didn't have to deal with Court orders and such. To do the right thing is give everyone a fair shot at preparing for an exam. I hope you see those of us as a Brother/Sister and not some "Black that took his Kid's job away".

x129K, M' Ave, helicopper and 6 others like this

Not every firefighter of color got on because of some court order or a quota. There are minority firefighters who went through the hiring process in the same fashion as the other candidates and didn't have to deal with Court orders and such. To do the right thing is give everyone a fair shot at preparing for an exam. I hope you see those of us as a Brother/Sister and not some "Black that took his Kid's job away".

I think all of us know that! As a matter of fact, I have 6 spanish guys in my firehouse, all of whom did NOT need a court order to get on the job. They passed the test that everyone else had to pass and got on the job the correct way. They're great guys who are just as disgusted with this Vulcan lawsuit as the rest of us!

I couldn't agree more. I have a very diverse firehouse and not ONE member supports the actions of the Vulcan society. or any race based quota system.

First..its easy to pick out the ones who got the process through less then what I consider honorable nor fair means.

As far as your final piece it quotes...its this simple...I do not respect nor go out of my way to speak to "brothers" who use the term "I'm a black firefighter." As I consider not one to be a "black" "white" "asian" "female" "purple" "polka dot" (you get the point) firefighter. To me you are a firefighter who just happens to be "black/white/asian/female/purple/polka dot." Now for some of you who are trying to figure out what I'm saying...keep reading those last town sentences over and over until you do. To put it simply...I am not a white firefighter...I'm a firefighter who happens to be white...although I am sure I am a latino that wears a white boys body. And to cut off any ball busting...yes most often I am a *sshole. :P

x129K likes this