Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Crazy Night In Dover Plains

7 posts in this topic

First off - these pics pretty much suck as they were taken with my cell phone that I hate more than anything on earth, plus I was pretty busy.

JHK (Dover FD) was dispatched for a house fire yesterday around 1700ish. Additional calls reported a subject with injuries, poss burns. First due crews stretched to the finished section of a raised ranch basement and quickly knocked down the fire, containing it to a very packed room. The resident was removed via ambulance to a landing zone and flown out with severe 3rd degree burns from the waist down.

Mutual Aid was provided at the scene by Pawling, Wassaic, and Union Vale. Amenia stood by in Dover 1.

Standby Companies also responded to and handled an active chimney fire with Dover's ladder.

Later in the evening, while we were still at the house fire, we were dispatched for a rollover accident on Rt 343 (basically 100 yards from my house...of course). Mutual aid stand by companies responded along with our rescue engine to find a nice Mustang upside down in the roadway with one male with severe head injuries. A medevac was requested as well, and the patient also flown out. Dover and Millbrook remained on scene for traffic control for some time after.

It was no doubt, a very hectic night in the Harlem Valley, with serious incidents handled well by all responding companies. Good work Gentlemen.

post-2837-0-78377000-1331582850.jpg

post-2837-0-11011900-1331582859.jpg

post-2837-0-34266700-1331582867.jpg

BFD1054, fireboyny, sfrd18 and 4 others like this

Oh...and as ALWAYS....I was late to the party. I was at work...which seems to be a recurring theme..for the last 5 fires at home...and the last 3 fires at work..I was home.

fireboyny likes this

I thought that was near your house. Well at least if your at work they can't say you started them...JK!

x129K likes this

I see the Porta-Tank in picture 3..... :D:D

Not sure the duck tape meets NFPA requirements.:lol: