Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Texas City May Ban Photography In City Buildings

4 posts in this topic

Interesting. I do see their logic. However, I can see this law being used against innocent citizens, or setting an improper precendent.

Richland Hills may ban photography, videos in most of City Hall

Posted Sunday, Mar. 18, 2012

RICHLAND HILLS -- If you saw a city employee sleeping at his desk or playing solitaire on her computer, would you whip out your smartphone to get video proof?

Don't be hasty. Video or photos taken inside Richland Hills city offices could someday cost the maker $2,000.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/03/18/3818770/richland-hills-may-ban-photography.html#storylink=cpy

I agree on both sides, although it is sort of discrimination to some who would like to photograph some things that may be in the building, but thats another story.

All in all, very interesting.. Would like to see what the final decision is and what people have to say..

I can see both sides but I def agree for security purposes they should have something on the books for that. It's a pretty understandable law imo.

1) what are they trying to hide?

2) trespassing in city hall. some smart a** lawyer, will take a pic. get fined and sue them. are in violation

3) so when the clerk takes your pasport photo, will they be fined or when DPW needs to photo the building to put a repair proposal together are they in violation?

4) wha tabout the press? Are they excluded from filming

5) can you imagin that the mayor will no longer allow himself to have his picture taken in his office while shaking the hand of some big developer (i.e. contributor)?

Another well thought local law.

x129K and firefighter36 like this