Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masterofmetal85

EMS in NYC

22 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if any private EMS transport companies or hospitals are hiring in the NYC Area ( 5 boroughs, LI, westchester etc)

Does anyone know if any private EMS transport companies or hospitals are hiring in the NYC Area ( 5 boroughs, LI, westchester etc)

SeniorCare is hiring EMTs, Paramedics and Dispatches in the NYC Area.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask... Are EMS jobs that hard to come by nowadays? I only ask because you are always starting topics asking about companies/agencies for employment.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask... Are EMS jobs that hard to come by nowadays? I only ask because you are always starting topics asking about companies/agencies for employment.

Yep apparently you're either employed or out of the loop

I agree. I don't know anyone having trouble finding employment. A quick internet search reveals a number of places recruiting.

texastom791 likes this

Yep apparently you're either employed or out of the loop

Correct I'm employed, and I'm hardly out of the loop. As INIT pointed out, numerous agencies are recruiting and hiring. You have asked about agencies in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey. I find it difficult to believe that in a 3 state search you can't find an EMS agency hiring, especially considering the ever-so-prevalent high turnover rate with most EMS agencies. The agency I work for is a smaller agency in the grand scale and we've picked up several paramedics in the past few months.

Just looking at websites for Empress, SeniorCare, and TransCare, all 3 companies indicate they are hiring paramedics and have online application features you can take advantage of.

Have you been for interviews? Have you been offered employment anywhere and turned it down? Have you had someone in the field who you respect review your resume for you? Maybe he/she can offer some constructive feedback to help make you more of an appealing potential employee by restructuring your resume if you're having a difficult time getting hired.

Correct I'm employed, and I'm hardly out of the loop. As INIT pointed out, numerous agencies are recruiting and hiring. You have asked about agencies in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey. I find it difficult to believe that in a 3 state search you can't find an EMS agency hiring, especially considering the ever-so-prevalent high turnover rate with most EMS agencies. The agency I work for is a smaller agency in the grand scale and we've picked up several paramedics in the past few months.

Just looking at websites for Empress, SeniorCare, and TransCare, all 3 companies indicate they are hiring paramedics and have online application features you can take advantage of.

Have you been for interviews? Have you been offered employment anywhere and turned it down? Have you had someone in the field who you respect review your resume for you? Maybe he/she can offer some constructive feedback to help make you more of an appealing potential employee by restructuring your resume if you're having a difficult time getting hired.

Tc I left on bad blood

Sc always rejects my app maybe because I was at tc

Empress I went on an interview nov/dec and got a no thank you letter

Who's the smaller agency you work for

Ps I got messed up in ct because they all wanted me to have a ct drivers license which as a ny resident I don't

And nj I can only work as an emt because if you're not familiar with the reciprocity process I need to be hired by a hospital first sponsored with extra clinical hours basically its comparable to the lord of the rings quest and for their money is it worth it? I need a job now not next year

* I left tc on bad blood as an EMT before I was a medic

If numerous agencies are hiring what are their names that's what the whole point of my post was to find out....so who are they?

Fyi SC is only hiring emts on their website which has been up since the website was started way back when

If numerous agencies are hiring what are their names that's what the whole point of my post was to find out....so who are they?

Fyi SC is only hiring emts on their website which has been up since the website was started way back when

So why don't you call these agencies and speak to someone. Much better than outdated info on the web... Are you looking for just transport agencies or transport and 911? How far are you willing to commute?

Edited by firedude

Just because an agency is hiring doesn't mean that a certain prospective employee and that agency will be a good "fit". The members on this site can provide you the name and phone number of all the managers in charge of recruitment if they wanted to, but I doubt it would help you get hired.

What JJB was trying to do was offer some constructive criticism that might help you get a job. I suggest you re-read his post. A lot of agencies require you to put your time in as an EMT before they hand you the narc kit and throw you on the ALS bus, even if you have past experience as a medic. If you're as desperate for work as you claim, the right attitude and persistence will pay off. Just remember EMS is a small world, even in the tri-state area.

firedude and JJB531 like this

Just because an agency is hiring doesn't mean that a certain prospective employee and that agency will be a good "fit". The members on this site can provide you the name and phone number of all the managers in charge of recruitment if they wanted to, but I doubt it would help you get hired.

What JJB was trying to do was offer some constructive criticism that might help you get a job. I suggest you re-read his post. A lot of agencies require you to put your time in as an EMT hedo they hand you the narc kit and throw you on the ALS bus, even if you have past experience as a medic. If you're as desperate for work as you claim, the right attitude and persistence will pay off. Just remember EMS is a small world, even in the tri-state area.

So again what are these agencies?

So again what are these agencies?

Okay, Master, we've given you three agencies so far... TransCare, Empress, and SeniorCare. You can keep on asking "Who are these agencies" over and over again, and the simple answer is that any agency, any day of the week, will hire the right person if they come along and can benefit the agency. Since you insinuated that I may be out of the loop because I asked if it was that hard to get an EMS job, I'm going to ask you another question.

Because you can't get hired, are you the problem or are the lack of agencies hiring the problem? I ask because it seems like there are plenty of places hiring (we already provided you with 3 places), but none of them want you.

If you can't get hired by a commercial agency, I highly doubt any municipal/hospital based/voluntary system is going to hire you. I don't know your background or how long you have been a medic, but typically the way it works is you get your ALS experience first as a medic working for a commercial provider. After some time working for a commercial provider, these other agencies will consider you for a medic position once you have some experience under your belt. If you can't get a good reference from your one and only EMS agency you were employed by (TransCare), why would any agency hire you without knowing anything about you, your experience as a paramedic, etc.? Like Comical115 said, EMS around here is a small community, and everyone knows everyone, if not directly, then through 1 or 2 degrees of separation.

I'm not trying to pick on you or put you down, but I'm trying to provide you with what may be a harsh reality. Once you make either a bad name or "no-name" for yourself by leaving places on bad terms, not having any ALS field experience, etc. it's going to make it more difficult to find an agency that is willing to hire you.

Since you asked, I am currently employed by Ossining. We just picked up 2 or 3 new per-diem medics, all of whom have extensive experience working in other systems.

INIT915, helicopper and streetdoc like this

Okay, Master, we've given you three agencies so far... TransCare, Empress, and SeniorCare. You can keep on asking "Who are these agencies" over and over again, and the simple answer is that any agency, any day of the week, will hire the right person if they come along and can benefit the agency. Since you insinuated that I may be out of the loop because I asked if it was that hard to get an EMS job, I'm going to ask you another question.

Because you can't get hired, are you the problem or are the lack of agencies hiring the problem? I ask because it seems like there are plenty of places hiring (we already provided you with 3 places), but none of them want you.

If you can't get hired by a commercial agency, I highly doubt any municipal/hospital based/voluntary system is going to hire you. I don't know your background or how long you have been a medic, but typically the way it works is you get your ALS experience first as a medic working for a commercial provider. After some time working for a commercial provider, these other agencies will consider you for a medic position once you have some experience under your belt. If you can't get a good reference from your one and only EMS agency you were employed by (TransCare), why would any agency hire you without knowing anything about you, your experience as a paramedic, etc.? Like Comical115 said, EMS around here is a small community, and everyone knows everyone, if not directly, then through 1 or 2 degrees of separation.

Since you asked, I am currently employed by Ossining. We just picked up 2 or 3 new per-diem medics, all of whom have extensive experience working in other systems.

Ok and I told you what happened with each of the 3 are they the only 3 in a 50 mile radius of nyc that exist? There's plenty of small time companies that are around all I was asking was if anyone had any inside info about hiring next time I'll just spend a few hours and call each up individually

With Ct all I was asking was details about pros and cons with each company...I called each one, filled apps for each one and went for interviews for the ones that called back just to be told that I can't be accepted because I don't have a ct drivers license

So why don't you call these agencies and speak to someone. Much better than outdated info on the web... Are you looking for just transport agencies or transport and 911? How far are you willing to commute?

I did bro senior care tells me to check online but id take anything at this point as long as its paid not volunteer lol and a somewhat decent schedule(trying not to be picky ) as far as commuting anything within reason I guess an hour and a half or less

Ok and I told you what happened with each of the 3 are they the only 3 in a 50 mile radius of nyc that exist? There's plenty of small time companies that are around all I was asking was if anyone had any inside info about hiring next time I'll just spend a few hours and call each up individually

With Ct all I was asking was details about pros and cons with each company...I called each one, filled apps for each one and went for interviews for the ones that called back just to be told that I can't be accepted because I don't have a ct drivers license

Okay, best of luck with your search.

I'm not trying to pick on you or put you down, but I'm trying to provide you with what may be a harsh reality. Once you make either a bad name or "no-name" for yourself by leaving places on bad terms, not having any ALS field experience, etc. it's going to make it more difficult to find an agency that is willing to hire you.

I don't think I'm the problem per say as a worker my dmv record is a little crappy no points but like 4 accidents (none of them my fault)

Hospital Based EMS Agencies

Flushing Hospital Medical Center EMS

4500 Parson Blvd, Flushing, NY, 11355

http://www.flushinghospital.org

Jamaica Hospital Medical Center EMS

8900 Van Wyck Expressway, Jamaica, NY, 11418

http://www.jamaicahospital.org/pre-hospital care

Lenox Hill Hospital EMS

100 East 77th Street, New York, NY, 10021

http://www.lenoxhillhospital.org

Long Island College Hospital EMS

339 Hicks Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11201

http://www.wehealny.org/services/LICH_EMS

Long Island Jewish Medical Center – North Shore University Hospital EMS

15 Burke Lane Syosset, NY, 11791

www.nslij.com

Lutheran Medical Center EMS

150-55th Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11220

http://www.lutheranmedicalcenter.com/

Maimonides Medical Center EMS

4802 Tenth Ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11219

www.Maimonidesmed.org

Montefiore North Dvision EMS

600 East 233rd Street, Bronx, NY, 10466

http://www.montefiore.org/northdivision/

New York Hospital Queens EMS

56-45 Main Street, Flushing, NY, 11355

www.nyhq.org

New York Downtown Hospital EMS

170 William St., New York, NY, 10038

www.downtownhospital.org

New York Presbyterian Hospital EMS

525 East 68th Street, New York, NY, 10021

http://nypemergency.org/

Richmond Univeristy Medical Center of Staten Island EMS

355 Bard Avenue Staten Island, New York, NY, 10310

www.rumcsi.org

St. Luke's / Roosevelt Hospital Center EMS

1000 Tenth Avenue, New York, NY, 10019

http://www.slred.org/

Staten Island University Hospital EMS

475 Seaview Avenue, Staten Island, NY, 10305

http://www.siuh.edu/conindex3.html

Wyckoff Hospital EMS

374 Stockholm Street Brooklyn, NY, 11237

www.wyckoffhospital.org

Volunteer EMS Agencies

ALS Services, Inc.

1340 East 9th Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11230

Bay Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

P.O. Box 610540, Bayside, NY, 11361

www.bcvac.org

Bayside Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

214-23 42 Ave., Bayside, NY, 11361

http://bvacems.tripod.com/

Bedford Stuyvesant Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

561 Lexington Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11221

www.bsvac.org

Bensonhurst Volunteer Ambulance Service Inc.

P O Box 140147, Brooklyn, NY, 11214

http://bensonhurstvas.org

BRAVO Volunteer Ambulance Service, Inc.

8507 7th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11228

www.bravoambulance.org

Broad Channel Volunteer Fire Department

15 Noel Road Broad Channel, NY, 11693

www.broadchannelvfd.org

Brooklyn College Emergency Medical Squad

2900 Bedford Ave Suite 021 N.E., Brooklyn, NY, 11210

http://students.brooklyn.cuny.edu/ems/

Central Park Medical Unit, Inc.

PO Box 440 Gracie Station, New York, NY, 10028

www.cpmu.com

Chevra Hatzalah Volunteer Ambulance Service

1340 East 9th Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11230

www.hatzalah.org

College Point Community Ambulance Corps, Inc.

PO Box 84, College Point, NY, 11356

http://departments.firehouse.com/dept/CollegePointNY

Columbia University EMS

101 Low Library, 535 W. 116th St., New York, NY, 10027

www.columbia.edu/cu/cava/

Corona Community Ambulance Corps, Inc.

104-38 47th Ave., Corona, NY, 11368

www.ccvac.org

East Midwood Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

PO Box 100788, Brooklyn, NY, 11210

www.eastmidwoodvolunteerambulance.com

Flatlands Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

4623 Avenue N, Brooklyn, NY, 11234

http://www.fvac.org/

Flushing Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc.

43-14 162nd Street, Flushing, NY, 11358

http://www.freewebs.com/fcvac/

Fordham University Emergency Medical Service

441 E. Fordham Rd., Bronx, NY, 10458

www.fordham.edu

Forest Hills Volunteer Ambulance Corps. Inc.

P.O. Box 750617, Forest Hills, NY, 11375

www.fhvac.org

Gerrittsen Beach Fire Department

52 Seba Ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11229

www.gbfd.net

Glen Oaks Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

257-02 Union Turnpike, Floral Park, NY, 11004

http://www.geocities.com/hotsprings/falls/2854/

Glendale Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

PO BOX 863991, Ridgewood, NY, 11386

www.glendalevac.org

Jamaica Estates Holliswood South Bayside Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

PO Box 640181, Oakland Gardens, NY, 11364

http://www.jevac.org/

Lindenwood Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

PO Box 170191, Ozone Park, NY, 11417

www.lindenwoodvac.org

Little Neck-Douglaston Community Ambulance Corps.

42-18 Marathon Parkway, Little Neck, NY, 11362

www.lndambulance.org

Middle Village Volunteer Ambulance Corps Inc.

P.O. Box 5, Middle Village, NY, 11379

http://home1.gte.net/mvvac/

North Shore Rescue Squad No. 1, Inc.

PO Box 140702, Staten Island, NY, 10314

www.northshorerescuesquad.org

Park Slope Volunteer Ambulance Corps Inc.

478 Bergen Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11217

www.psvac.org

Queens Village-Hollis-Bellerose Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

235-01 Braddock Avenue, Queens Village, NY, 11428

Ridgewood Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc.

PO Box 863992, Ridgewood, NY, 11386

www.ridgewoodvac.org

Rockaway Point Volunteer Fire Department

204-26 Rockaway Point Blvd., Rockaway Point, NY, 11697

Roxbury Volunteer Emergency Medical Services Inc.

42 State Road Roxbury, Rockaway Point, NY, 11697

Throggs Neck Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc.

P.O. Box 302 - Throggs Neck Station, Bronx, NY, 10465

Volunteer Heart Ambulance

P.O. Box 060252, Staten Island, NY, 10306

http://www.vollyheart.com/

West Hamilton Beach Volunteer Fire Department

P.O. Box 177, Howard Beach, NY, 11414

www.whbvfd.org

Whitestone Community Volunteer Ambulance Service

P.O.BOX 570064, Whitestone, NY, 11357

http://www.wvac11357.com

Woodhaven Richmond Hill Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

78-15 Jamaica Avenue, Woodhaven, NY, 11421

Proprietary EMS Agencies

Ace Ambulance

1028 Freeman Street, Bronx, NY, 10459

American Medical Response

930 Flushing Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11206

www.amr.net

Citywide Mobile Response

1624 Stillwell Ave., Bronx, NY, 10461

Coling Medical Transport Inc.

833 Rogers Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11226

Empress Ambulance Service

722 Nepperhan Ave., Yonkers, NY, 10703

www.empressems.com

First Response Ambulance

455 Bayview Avenue, Inwood, NY, 11096

www.firstresponseamb.com

Hunter Ambulance Inc.

28 Sheridan Blvd., Inwood, NY, 11096

www.hunterambulance.com

Hunter EMS, Inc.

315 Smith Street., Farmingdale, NY, 11735

www.hunterambulance.com

Lifeline Ambulance Service

1439 Ferris Place, Bronx, NY 10461

www.lifelineambulanceservice.com

Midwood Ambulance & Oxygen Service, Inc.

2593 West 13th Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11223

www.midwoodambulance.com

North Shore Ambulance & Oxygen Service Inc.

110-18 Corona Avenue, Corona, NY, 11368

Primary Care Ambulance Corporation

237 Woodward Ave., Staten Island, NY, 10314

Richmond County Ambulance Service, Inc.

1355 Castleton Ave, Staten Island, NY, 10310

SeniorCare Emergency Medical Services Inc.

855 Brush Ave, Bronx, NY, 10465

www.seniorcareems.net

Transcare New York Inc.

5811 Foster Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11234

www.transcare.com

Municipal EMS Agencies

New York City Fire Department, Bureau of EMS

9 Metrotech, Brooklyn, NY, 11201

http://nyc.gov/html/fdny

New York Police Department Emergency Services Unit (ESU)

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd

firedude and 210 like this

I don't think I'm the problem per say as a worker my dmv record is a little crappy no points but like 4 accidents (none of them my fault)

Any item on your driving record within the past 3 years will likely exclude you from the voluntary hospitals. FYI.

I'm not in any way familiar with the EMS opportunities and such in the area you are looking, however in my 19 years of experience, generally if you can't get an EMS job - particularly if you are looking in a large geographical area - YOU are the reason that you aren't getting hired.

Original poster's question has been asked and answered.

Nothing constructive will come of more debate or detail as we tumble down this rabbit hole.

Thread closed. Good luck in the job hunt.

FD828 likes this