Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x4093k

All Of The Brush Fires: Discussion Thread

39 posts in this topic

I'm fascinated by that statistic. What exactly did 109 departments do at this fire? How much did they each send? Did they all actually operate or is that back-fill and coverage?

Without knowing exactly what resources were committed/operating, that's a very hollow stat for me.

There are right around 109 different departments in Suffolk County and almost every dept in Suffolk has a brush truck, so they all sent them to the Suffolk County Fire Academy to stage once a disaster was called by IC. I believe every unit that went was used. Some depts sent tankers and engines too.My coworker drove by the academy while the units were staging and he said that he never saw anything like it, so many trucks.

There are right around 109 different departments in Suffolk County and almost every dept in Suffolk has a brush truck, so they all sent them to the Suffolk County Fire Academy to stage once a disaster was called by IC. I believe every unit that went was used. Some depts sent tankers and engines too.My coworker drove by the academy while the units were staging and he said that he never saw anything like it, so many trucks.

Some companies sent an engine and a ladder instead of a tanker or brush truck. Earlier on a lot of companies were being requested for 1 and 1. I think it was some in the immediate vicinity of Ridge though. I'm not too familiar with Long Island so I'm not entirely sure where a lot of these companies are from in comparison to Ridge or Manorville.

All brush fires in the area are now all contained and under control I believe, can anyone confirm that?

Apparently, there's a 3-alarm brush fire going on near Metlife stadium in the Meadowlands.

According to an internet article on FIrerescue1.com the fire on LI used 200 firefighters, 20 brush trucks, 10 tankers, 10 engines, and 35 departments assisted...

According to an internet article on FIrerescue1.com the fire on LI used 200 firefighters, 20 brush trucks, 10 tankers, 10 engines, and 35 departments assisted...

I heard similar to that too, I heard more firefighters though, but I never rely on articles written by the media( simple way to put it)

Nassau County sent 1 Stump Jumper (the heavy duty military looking rigs, there are only 2 in Nassau 1 was OOS) to Deer Park prior to the Ridge mutual aid call.

Sent to Ridge (staging at Suffolk County Fire Academy) were 6 brush trucks (all the brush trucks in Nassau) 2 tankers and 5 Engine companies from a total of 12 different Dept.s.