Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

MTA Police Help Save Choking Baby

7 posts in this topic

Very nice work Officers!

CROTON-ON-HUDSON — The Metropolitan Transportation Authority says MTA police officers helped save the life of a 1-month-old infant who was choking at the Croton-Harmon station of Metro-North Railroad.

http://www.LoHud.com/viewart/20120527/NEWS02/120527003/MTA-police-help-save-choking-baby-Croton-Harmon-railroad-station

It sounds like Croton EMS got there quick enough, thankfully. I have been impressed by their response times compared to this time last year, where a patient would be waiting 10+ minutes for a mutual aid ambulance to arrive. Not to start another debate about that subject or anything.

Great work done by MTA PD workers, it's great to hear about these stories. Prayers are with the family of the newly born for a healthy future, and lets hope this doesn't happen again.

ems-buff likes this

I am happy that you pointed this out. It is nice to see that the agencies staffing changes are paying off and helping the community and its visitors.

peterose313, firedude and ems-buff like this

Nice job by the volunteers that came out for this call, Croton PD, MTA PD , and OVAC. The family was very appreciative...... Job well done

Absolutely Madison.

I attended a town hall meeting( if thats what its called) and mostly all the subjects brought to the town board members were, "how to improve our medical services" there were some great points made, and victims of waiting 10+ minutes just for a ambulance to arrive. Many people were complaining and commenting "Where are the taxpayers money going to?" and the board members mostly remained silent.

I hope they have a meeting now, and some of those members of the VAC attend, they should feel good about their organization, as they are even beating some VAC's response times in the county.

Personally, I am amazed and stunned on how quick they fill the crew. Yesterday they got a call, and the ambulance got there the same time the medic did, now I am not sure if they were just back from a previous call, but the crew was assembled and bus rolled within 3 minutes. This time last year you'd be lucky if it rolled in 10 minutes.

Overall, BRAVO to Croton EMS units! Keep up the great and outstanding work.

Well even if it would have taken EMS a little longer to get there, seems the cops had already saved the day and were just waiting on a transport at that point.

Job well done MTA PD

INIT915 and sueg like this