Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spin_the_wheel

Why close old threads?

8 posts in this topic

There were a few old threads I searched out to post on in recent days but discovered that they were closed to new postings. ( Port Chester 's old Mack CF for one)

What is the harm in keeping them open. Rather then start a topic up again you can just add to something that has already been discussed at various degrees, or mods can redirect your topic to an older thread to add upon if one is out there. Im on a few sites and sometimes revisit a thread I may have started years ago to see if there were any updates or changes in what was discussed. Just a thought. keep up the good work and be SAFE ALL!

firedude likes this

I believe that if you message a moderator they will be able to reopen it if you explain why you'd like it opened. I'm fairly certain that was a policy here.

Correct - just hit the "report post" icon and leave a message to reopen it. Mods will reopen it for you. It's an extra step, but they have always been accomodating for me doing such.

After a period of inactivity (I think it is 90 days) threads lock automatically. This is part of the software and isn't something new to EMTBravo.

As previously stated, if you want to contribute something to a locked thread, e-mail/PM the staff and it will be considered. You can also start a new thread and link the previous.

Does that hold true for an Archived thread also?

If its archived then its locked and cannot be re-opened. Usually when you archive information, it is a very old post (under a specific time frame) and is taken off the main thread space. You can still review the information there but cannot add to it.

Also like Chris stated, we can re-open a thread if someone wants to contribute more to it. The main reason older threads get locked (besides it being a default in the software) is because its a flag for when we decide to archive older posts down the line (which is usually a year or more time frame). There is no problem what so ever if someone wants to add to a locked thread or like Chris also said liking a new thread to the older one. Ask us and we'll help you out.