Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

MTA Officer Stabbed in Eye at LIRR Station

10 posts in this topic

Becareful out there LEO's

An MTA officer shot and killed a suspect who stabbed him in the eye at a Queens Long Island Rail Road station Wednesday morning, police said.

Officer John Barnett, 45, was stabbed on the sidewalk under the tracks at the Sutphin Boulevard and Archer Avenue station in Jamaica while he was on patrol at about 9:30 a.m. The officer then shot the suspect, police said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48071250

Westfield12 likes this

What's the ETA on the statement from the family indicating that the dearly departed was "turning his life around?" Thoughts and prayers are with the officer for a full recovery.

BFD1054 and Westfield12 like this

Thoughts and prayers with the officer and his family. Hope he is doing okay.

Westfield12 likes this

Amazing job by this Officer... A true warrior... Despite an unprovoked, severe, visually impairing injury he is able to draw his firearm and place accurate and effective gunfire on an aggressively advancing armed perpetrator and stop the immediate threat, essentially saving his own life... Outstanding job and best wishes on his recovery.

Very nice work Officer. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Westfield12 likes this

thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery to the officer!

Edited by voltage1256
Westfield12 likes this

Job well done by this officer, the good guys won. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery both your physical well being and your psycological health.

I feel bad for the officer being injured in this attack. I hope he recovers quickly and I'm glad he did what was necessary to prevent this person from hurting anyone else. He did his job! Too often police officers get criticized for their actions when they are justified.

210 and efdcapt115 like this

Prayers for our MTA Brother during his recovery. I thought I knew about respect for Brother and Sister cops, firefighters, emergency medics. That knowledge however only continues to grow, as each time we read about another selfless hero injured in the line of duty, I am reminded anew of why they are so deserving of such respect.

JJB531, 210 and BFD1054 like this