Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mpgfire93

Turn out gear for sale- Morning Pride

9 posts in this topic

Recieving a new set of gear, old set is 10 years old, saw maybe 4 house fires, well taken care of.

Morning pride fdny spec turnout coat and pants. Gear is 52 chest 35 sleeve pants are 42w/32L. Pants do have side cargo pockets and harness hooks. coat has semi bello pockets, stream light hook and clip, radio pocket is located in the left interior of jacket. Jacket is PBI material, very light weight with cross tech barrier.

Coat $700.00

Pants $500.00

For photos, I can email. This is a cash only sale.

x4093k likes this

The price is negotiable if bought as set.

No offense, but shouldn't your old gear be returned to your firehouse where you received it to begin with so a newer member can "play" too, since the firehouse may be the one who paid for it to begin with? You should not be making money selling off your Department's equipment - in my Company and Department, that would be called "theft". Just saying....

Saw post #6 - Congratulations on the weight loss and the new gear purchase, and I apologize for the above - sometimes different rules in different places for how to get appropriate NFPA gear when you join - but same rule for self-purchased stuff, which is that it is yours to do what you want with it when you no longer want it. Good luck.

Edited by sueg

maybe he bought his own set. You should find out before going on a rant without all the facts !

x129K and x4093k like this

Turnout gear is usually not acceptable to use once it reaches the 10 year mark. Be careful of liability issues heaven forbid someone wearing it gets injured.

sueg likes this

ok ok ok ok.... here is some clarification for everyones opinion. i have owned my own personal set of gear and lost a significant amount of weight. if someone is interested in the gear then contact me. if not then keep the off topic posts to themselves. but i thank everyone for there concerns. if the off topic post continue then my loss will be no ones gain. selling something that is not yours is ILLEGAL.

Edited by mpgfire93
x129K likes this

No offense, but shouldn't your old gear be returned to your firehouse where you received it to begin with so a newer member can "play" too, since the firehouse is the one who paid for it to begin with? You should not be making money selling off your Department's equipment - in my Company and Department, that would be called "theft". Just saying....

Really?

For more clarification this gear is personally owned. I don't know how much more clear I could be.

x4093k likes this