x4093k

Brewster Parade Photos

23 posts in this topic

Brewster NY Firemans Parade. Some are blurry/foggy, not sure why but I apologize. post-22082-0-09878300-1343263874.jpg

Edited by x4093k

Brewster Firemans Parade

post-22082-0-65906200-1343264295.jpg

2231* likes this

The 2nd photo makes them look VEEERRYY unprofessional. No offense to anyone but really?

post-22082-0-07861000-1343264399.jpg

post-22082-0-38148400-1343264457.jpg

Edited by x4093k
2231*, Newtofire and JSnow1111 like this

Brewster Firemans Parade...

post-22082-0-60962700-1343264605.jpg

2231* likes this

Somers FD 2442 (One of the blurry ones unfortunately)

post-22082-0-65871300-1343264766.jpg

Edited by x4093k
2231* likes this

Tanker 16 Somers FD

post-22082-0-32523500-1343264865.jpg

Brewster Firemans Parade

post-22082-0-02638200-1343264965.jpg

2231* likes this

Somers FD won Best Tanker

Edited by RJB896

The 2nd photo makes them look VEEERRYY unprofessional. No offense to anyone but really?

Mill Plain and Brewster have a great relationship. For many years Mill Plain has been last in the parade and always come up with some kind of skit. They are a class outfit and no disrespect should be given for a bunch of guys having fum with tier neighbors.

Mill Plain and Brewster have a great relationship. For many years Mill Plain has been last in the parade and always come up with some kind of skit. They are a class outfit and no disrespect should be given for a bunch of guys having fum with tier neighbors.

Sorry, fun with thier neighbors

boca1day, JSnow1111 and texastom791 like this

Sorry, fun with thier neighbors

I totally understand where your going with that. But people like me who don't know everything about who's doing what and whos playing a joke on who. They're in front of many people and that apparent "joke" was only a joke to about 20 guys at most (one department, at a parade)

Not to start any arguments or anything..

I totally understand where your going with that. But people like me who don't know everything about who's doing what and whos playing a joke on who. They're in front of many people and that apparent "joke" was only a joke to about 20 guys at most (one department, at a parade)

Not to start any arguments or anything..

Sonny, you really need to lighten up! This wasn't an annual inspection or an emergency response. It was a parade and they were having fun, as they should. I thought it was funny and I knew none of the back story or the relationship between Mill Plains and Brewster (thanks FitzJr for sharing).

I think the "skit" as fitz described it is a pleasant distraction from the line of trucks and the rigid formations of uniforms. So people may not have known the inner workings of the relationship between the departments but they had to laugh at the folly and the departure from the norm.

Personally, I'm glad someone was having fun! "LIKE" to the boys (and girls) from Mill Plains.

provfd, CFFD117, x129K and 9 others like this

Sonny, you really need to lighten up! This wasn't an annual inspection or an emergency response. It was a parade and they were having fun, as they should. I thought it was funny and I knew none of the back story or the relationship between Mill Plains and Brewster (thanks FitzJr for sharing).

I think the "skit" as fitz described it is a pleasant distraction from the line of trucks and the rigid formations of uniforms. So people may not have known the inner workings of the relationship between the departments but they had to laugh at the folly and the departure from the norm.

Personally, I'm glad someone was having fun! "LIKE" to the boys (and girls) from Mill Plains.

Totally agree. A very nice departure from the norm, there should always be room for a little levity whether you are in on the joke or not.

helicopper, FF398, boca1day and 1 other like this

To all those reading this thread, the banter has been going on since 2002 when a parade invitation was lost in the mail.

Mill Plain started last and it has become a highlight of Mill Plain and Brewster to see what will happen. When you look at the relationship between the two it started in 1945 when Mill Plain was born, some 85 years after Brewster was started.

A brotherhood was formed that still remains today. Eight years ago Mill Plain and Miry Brook started coverinng for Brewster and Mahopac Falls so that they and their families could enjoy themselves at the convention in Lake George and the interaction between them is amazing. We have become one department spanning two states enjoying each other stories and families. Also the residents of Southeast and visitors applaud like crazy when they come through.

This is written by the past chief of Mill Plain who helped start it and who is now a captain and vice president of Brewster. As for mill plain and all the rest when stuff happens they are top notch organizations and i am proud to have been a member of three out of four of them so heres to brewsterfalls ,mill plain and miry brook, some of us salute you

Really? Really? You are saying that a bunch of people having fun at a parade is "unprofessional". Are you kidding me? The real joke is that marching in a parade is even considered anything other then being fun. When departments take parades so seriously that members get reprimanded and "lose points with the judges" when they smile and wave at friends and family who are watching the parade, that is a joke. Marching in a parade and winning shiny trophies does not make you a good firefighter or a good fire department. Mill Plain is a GREAT fire department, who for years won A LOT of trophies marching in the "professional" manner and guess what? The guys are having more fun now then they did then. Keep things in perspective.

JM15, grumpyff, helicopper and 1 other like this

Really? Really? You are saying that a bunch of people having fun at a parade is "unprofessional". Are you kidding me? The real joke is that marching in a parade is even considered anything other then being fun. When departments take parades so seriously that members get reprimanded and "lose points with the judges" when they smile and wave at friends and family who are watching the parade, that is a joke. Marching in a parade and winning shiny trophies does not make you a good firefighter or a good fire department. Mill Plain is a GREAT fire department, who for years won A LOT of trophies marching in the "professional" manner and guess what? The guys are having more fun now then they did then. Keep things in perspective.

I was not trying to start a "bash" on any department, from my opinion they looked unprofessional, thats my opinion. You and everybody else have yours, too. I am sure they were having fun and won trophies in the past years and their reputation is excellent, thats great. B)

Not unprofessional just playing a joke, although dozens of people dont know about it i dont think they care

is that a new chiefs car for somers? last time i checked they were all red and the other suburban was sitting at lincolndale not in use

Edited by 2231*

is that a new chiefs car for somers? last time i checked they were all red and the other suburban was sitting at lincolndale not in use

Yes, that replaced a 05(?) which is now Utilty 81. All new chief cars will be painted white from now on.

The reason why you saw the red suburban not in use @ HQ was because of a vacant chief spot. There was no 1st assistant chief, so one car would not be used and that one was it. Now all 3 are being used.

Edited by x4093k

Yes, that replaced a 05(?) which is now Utilty 81. All new chief cars will be painted white from now on.

The reason why you saw the red suburban not in use @ HQ was because of a vacant chief spot. There was no 1st assistant chief, so one car would not be used and that one was it. Now all 3 are being used.

Not exactly true... but if you like Somers Chief cars the district is selling one its outside Headquarters with the info :P

Not exactly true... but if you like Somers Chief cars the district is selling one its outside Headquarters with the info :P

how much? :D wont be in area for a few weeks

So if a bunch a people having fun at a parade is "unprofessional", can someone please tell me what a "professional" department at a parade is supposed to look like? I understand all about comraderie(spelling), brotherhood, teamwork, everyone working towards a common goal, and all the other catch phrases that get thrown around. But what does it mean to be "professional" or "unprofessional"?

Let me pose a scenario: You and your department are at your neighboring department"s parade and your tones are hit for a call in your district. Knowing that all active members are getting ready for the parade a member suggests that he and a couple other members will take the rig (brand new) and respond to the call. The member's request is denied because the rig "is being judged tonight" and it takes over 30 mins for mutual aid to get to the scene of the call. In the parade, your department wins a trophy but you find out later that what was dispatched as a "Stroke" turned out to be a "CPR" call. Question: was the department in question "professional" or "unprofessional"?

And yes, when a post is made to look at the next photo to see how "unprofessional" a department looks, that is "bashing" that department. I am sure people are going to tell me to let it go but I believe "x4093k" owes the members of the Mill Plain Vol. Fire Department an apology for "bashing" them on this forum. Just my opinion.

Your scenario really has nothing to do with the topic at hand, no offense. That is a totally different topic, although I think you will get plenty of responses saying that nobody would sacrifice a call to keep a truck clean. When I was the chief of my department we had everything planned out to handle calls before during and after parades. I think you will find most do the same.

enough guys, he used poorly chosen words, it is what it is no need to continue to bash and prove him wrong, from what i get its his opinion, hes nobody to say as a fact their unprofessional, we all have our thought s an opinions. some of us in the fire service for years should know better not to reply like that.. to search and bring back this thread from days and days ago is stupid. send him a PM to tell him what you think, all of us who are just on to view and rarely reply dont need to see that, move on he is not as old or in the emergency service as long as some of us are

Edited by 2231*
helicopper likes this