Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Yonkers Fire Department promotion ceremony 9-17-12

9 posts in this topic

Congrats to all!

The Yonkers Fire Department promoted 10 of their finest to captains and lieutenants in a ceremony at City Hall in Yonkers Sept. 17, 2012. Those promoted were: Greg Coyle, Chris Widman, John Bonanno, John Folkerts and Steven Moreira, all to the rank of captain and firefighters Steve Lawlor, James Halpin, Joseph Pinto, John Tannian and Alex Hanon, all to the rank of lieutenant. ( Matthew Brown / The Journal News )

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=bh&Date=20120917&Category=news&ArtNo=309170088&Ref=ph&Item=0&odyssey=mod|mostpopphotos

SageVigiles and BFD1054 like this

Joe Pinto the Picture Taking Guy?

No, Joe Pinto the photographer is a friend of the YFD, but not an actual member.

Edited by fjp326

No, Joe Pinto the photographer is a friend of the YFD, but not an actual member.

Thanks....regadless - congrats to all fo the promoted guys. Stay safe.

I truly don't want to put a negative spin on a happy occasion, but will these promotions create firefighter positions that will then be unfilled? I realize they need to fill the Lt and Capt spots. Just wondering if there will now be more OT for FF spots that are open. Course, OT for FF's is cheaper than OT for LT's and Captains. Any update on that item of closing companies?

Dinosaur likes this

I truly don't want to put a negative spin on a happy occasion, but will these promotions create firefighter positions that will then be unfilled? I realize they need to fill the Lt and Capt spots. Just wondering if there will now be more OT for FF spots that are open. Course, OT for FF's is cheaper than OT for LT's and Captains. Any update on that item of closing companies?

Promoted until the next round of layoffs.

x129K likes this