Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Spy Shots-Yonkers PD's New 2012 Chevrolet Caprice's

10 posts in this topic

EMTBravo Spy Shots-Special thanks to our spies!

Yonkers PD's newest patrol car, a 2012 Chevrolet Caprice Police Package, featuring a new paint scheme. Another neat feature.....the plate readers are built into the lightbar.

post-11-0-99618700-1348403407.jpgpost-11-0-93170700-1348403397.jpg

I'd like to see them go back to the Blue on Orange Paint Scheme of the 1960's with the Gum Ball Red Light on the Roof

What are the black things in the lightbar? Are they license plate readers?

They look like takedown lights, but I'm not sure.

That is the plate reader at the front of the light bar. The cars aren't in service yet, we still have a bunch of white ones that need to be put in service first.

We actually voted for the color scheme, we picked this one out of 3 or 4 options.

This car has been out of the garage a few times, it led the funeral procession for Det. McCabe last month and was brought around to the national night out events.

They are comfortable to sit in and are very workable but i think they are almost too nice to be radio cars.......

How much does the placement of the plate reader reduce the output of the lightbar (not that the YPD bars are not visible enough already)? Would a single plate reader where the old siren speaker box used to be be effective of do they need to work in tandem?

I'll be down at their HQ next month, i'll be sure to get some shots of it.

I haven't spotted any of these yet where I am in Central FL, although a few of the new Ford Taurus' have begun to make their appearance among some of the local agencies. I just read that the Chevy Impala is going to be restyled for 2013 and will look somewhat like the new Malibu although larger. Will the new Caprice be even bigger than the Impala?

Phil