Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoFire390

(Out To Bid) Cortlandt VAC New Ambulances

20 posts in this topic

Cortlandt VAC has gone and looked at 2 Ford F350 4x4's to replace a 2006 E450 w/ quigley 4x4 conversion as well as a 2004 E350.

Replacing 88B2?

If I'm not mistaken John, we're replacing 88B1 and 88B2

Yes ccvac is relacing B2. The officers line and busniess have sat down and discussed this. It is most feasable way to get more of a trade in value for B2 and B1. However B1 was sold to a private buyer

88B2 Is a 2006 Is there any reason why CCVAC Is replacing this ambulance what Is the life on the ambulances how often to they get replaced.

Edited by speedy911

Our oldest ambulance is an B3 it has the 7.3 liter V-6. B1 and B2 have the 6.0 liter V-6 which we all know isnt the best desiel engine that ford came out with. we wanted to trade in B2 to get more of a discount on a the new ambulances. one company is offering us a good amount of money as a trade in the other 2 not so much. that was our thinking.

Bids are currently all in. Right now its narrowed down to 2 potential rigs

As of last night Cortlandt Vac has ordered 2 Demers Mystere MXP 150 on F-350 4x4 chasis. Expected to get delivery of first unit at the begining of November or end of Octocber.

Hey all on the update. CCVAC's first new rig should be in within the next few weeks. As soon as it does I will get some pictures up. the old 88B1 has been delivered to its new owners in Brooklyn.

PEMO3 and peterose313 like this

Our oldest ambulance is an B3 it has the 7.3 liter V-6. B1 and B2 have the 6.0 liter V-6 which we all know isnt the best desiel engine that ford came out with. we wanted to trade in B2 to get more of a discount on a the new ambulances. one company is offering us a good amount of money as a trade in the other 2 not so much. that was our thinking.

just as a side note the 7.3 and the 6.0 are both 8 cylinder engines not 6's. good luck with the new rigs.

FF398 likes this

Hey all on the update. We are awaiting the arrival of our 1st ambulance. It will be here on the 18th of this month. The rig is currently going through its final touch ups. There was a hold back because of lettering and decaling.

x4093k likes this

Wow, that light package looks unlike anything I've seen around here! Overall looks really nice. Best of luck with it Cortlant VAC!

Do you mean the Rumbler?

No, he means the Whelen Howler, just like he typed.

Anyways, I really like the Demers ambulance brand. The layouts of the cab and patient module have a very progressive and intergrated layout.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to photograph/check out the new buses soon.

EmsFirePolice likes this

Nice rig! Good luck with it!

Do you mean the Rumbler?

The Rumbler and Howler are both low freq sirens but are made by different manufacturers

Thanks everyone. Seth shoot me a pm I'm sure we can set something up

Since I didn't get this done earlier here's the specs on the rig: 2011 Ford F-350 chasis, 4x4, full Whelen light package along with siren, rear arrow stick with controller, the engine is the new ECOteck desiel engine Ford put out. While the rig is idiling it will shut off when the system is fully charged. Will restart when the rig starts getting low on voltage. Front markers, AM/FM CD player, backup camera, side mounted GPS, electric step for side door entry, full LED ground lights (like on fire trucks). Pt compartment: Demers Box with ducted AC system, floor board heating system, onboard O2 connection above strecher location (makes it easier for medics to use CPAP they don't have to empy their bottles), full led lighting in cabinets and pt care area.

FF398 and x4093k like this

CVAC just receieved the new 88B2 tonight and the rig should be in service within the next few days or so.