Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Conn. state police getting new .45-caliber pistols

5 posts in this topic

Conn. state police getting new .45-caliber pistols

DAVE COLLINS, Associated Press

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut state police have criminals to thank for footing the $280,000 bill for replacing their 16-year-old pistols with new, more powerful handguns.

Read more: http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Conn-state-police-getting-new-45-caliber-pistols-3976329.php#ixzz2AMQ0hvsU

sfrd18 likes this

Good find Seth!

Great news for the CSP, even better that their being purchased with money made from seizures.

Guess I didnt realize that Sig Sauer was out of N.H. They make a great gun and nice to see they're out o New England.

The NYSP have been using Glock .45's for some time now, hopefully the new .45's sere the CSP well.

Still hard to believe that many PD's are still using 9mm sidearms (IMO).

I know the CSP loves their Sigs, I wasn't surprised that they went with them again. I hope they serve them well.

The only unit that doesn't carry the Sig is the State Police Tactical Unit, which carries a modified version of Cerberus Tactical's "Directed Operations Group," or DOG 1911, known as the Big DOG. If you're a 1911 fan, this weapon is the mother of all tactical 1911s. But to be fair almost everything SPTU owns is custom, so its not surprising they carry a different weapon.

Posted Image

Heres a photo from Hartford PD i took earlie this year in Hartford,CT....The PD seized a hummer from drug lords and turned the vehicle into a PR vehicle.

Guess I didnt realize that Sig Sauer was out of N.H. They make a great gun and nice to see they're out o New England.

Sig Sauer is a Swiss and German company founded as a wagon maker in 1853 (go figure). The company was smart enough in the 1980s to invest big bucks in the U.S. to manufacture and sell all kinds of arms. See more at http://www.sigsauer.com/AboutUs/History.aspx

Medic411 likes this