JetPhoto

Discussion - Newtown, CT - School Shooting - 12/14/12

64 posts in this topic

I've held my tongue long enough. No one knows why the shooter did this. Let the police finish the investigation instead of coming up with theories.

Society has changed. I don't know how/why it did. Things aren't like they used to be. I grew up playing cops & robbers, army & video games. I didn't turnout to be a sociopath.

It is tragic that this had to happen. I feel that since the media sensationalize all these shootings, you get the copycats. The media are a bunch of vultures. All they care about is ratings. The families should be allowed to mourn in peace.

Everyone that's screaming for gun control should look at the laws already in place. They just need to be enforced better. The shooter drove to the school. If we had banned cars, he never would have made it to the school (sarcasm). Anybody remember the Fast & Furious program the FEDERAL gov't implemented? The gov't wanted to track straw purchases of guns going to Mexico. It worked real well. The program got Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry killed on Dec 15, 2010. You expect the Feds to protect us with gun laws?!?! I conceal carry because the world is not full of rainbows & unicorns. The POTUS & elected officials get armed security details. Who is there to protect my family from the scum of society? That's right, me and my evil guns.

Before you all jump down my throat, let me introduce myself. I'm Justin Lurix & the 2nd Ass't Chief of the Botsford Fire Dept in Newtown, CT. I also work for a neighboring police agency that responded to the school. These are my personal feelings & have no reflection on my agencies.

Hail to the Chief. Well said Sir. If you need anything, you let us know.

I am a physician, a psychiatrist, active in emergency, wilderness and diving medicine. I think that love, compassion, easing suffering is what teachers, parents, First Responders do. That is what First Response is all about. That is what those who responded gave and what all of us hope to add to the world.

ex-commish and x129K like this

Before you all jump down my throat, let me introduce myself. I'm Justin Lurix & the 2nd Ass't Chief of the Botsford Fire Dept in Newtown, CT. I also work for a neighboring police agency that responded to the school. These are my personal feelings & have no reflection on my agencies.

No one should jump down your throat for your opinions and I hope you and all the other responders are holding up and know that all of us in the emergency services stand by you all. God Bless

helicopper likes this

So according to several friends who live in the general area of Newtown, the left lane of I-84 was nothing but cops this morning. Someone counted as many as 67 leo's from all over New England. I've heard various fd's and ems agencies from different parts of NY were planning on heading to Newtown this morning in their Class A's as well.