Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Frank Becerra Shares His Most Memorable Images of 2012

2 posts in this topic

Thanks Frank for your hard work in covering the emergency services events in the lower Hudson Valley! Your work is always outstanding.

For those that don't know Frank, he has been covering Westchester and beyond as a photgrapher for the Journal News and it's predecessors for over 30 years. He is mostly assigned to breaking incidents and emergency services-involved event. Frank is an ex-chief in North White Plains, and a member of Brewster FD. He is a legend in his own right, and the son of another legend, Frank Becerra Sr who was an artist for the Journal News predeccesors for decades. His dad's art was seen around the world. I can only imagine how proud Jr. makes his dad.

He was assigned by Journal News editors to the Newtown CT incident, where the photos he took were seen around the world, published by Gannet Affiliates worldwide and were also on the AP Wire. Watch what Frank was thinking behind the lens when assigned to this incident.

This must have been one of your toughest assignments yet.

Thanks Seth. I know that many people are very upset with a recent item that was posted on the website of the newspaper that I work for. This was a decision made by the bosses. There are many dedicated employees that work there that had nothing to do with that decision.