Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo is 10 Years Old! (Take The Quiz-New Questions Added)

8 posts in this topic

Tonight, at 0001 hrs on 1-1-13, EMTBravo will turn 10 years old! Maybe it's just me that's excited over something so trivial, but to me, it means something

Seems like it was just yesterday when I sat dow at my computer, enjoying the relatively new, long awaited broadband connection, at my apartment in Woburn,MA on New Year's Eve, when on a whim, I decided to create a website to replace my email list. So, the very simple website went live at 0001 on New Years Day, and, like a snowball down a hill, kept growing each and every week that went by. Photos and information poured in to post on the original site. There had never been a site like this in the Hudson Valley and Southwestern CT, and was launched before anyone had really every heard about Facebook or the term "Social Media". You could tell imediately that this was something that people had wanted since learning the word "Internet". Heck, some people only ventured on the internet for EMTBravo, and that's the only use they had for it.. Seven months later, the EMTBravo Network forums were launched to replace the "News" section of the original site and become an interactive and dynamic way to exchange information and ideas . EMTBravo has expanded tremendously in both size and geographical areas covered from the small, Westchester dedicated site that it originally was. And to this day, 10 years later, the site keeps growing and I stil have the passion for it that I had on Day 1.

It's still our vision, and it's been proven over the years, that firefighters, police officers, EMS workers, 911 Dispatchers, and everyone else with an interest in emergency services can work together, can become friends, can develop ideas, can learn from one another, and can make anything happen. Of course, it was our first mission to "get the word out" which is still true to this day.

One of the things that I am proud of, is that members of the site when it was first launched are still active members and staff to this day! The loyalty and support of this site by the all of our members has been awesome, and has made the site what it is.

Personally, one of the things I'm most grateful for during the entire 10 years of this site was all the great friendships that I have made along the way, that I probaly wouldn't have ever met had it not been for this site.

And we intend to use this oppurtunity to celebrate! Look for special 10 year anniversary features throughout the year, starting tommorow with an EMTBravo Quiz!

Seth G. , on behalf of the EMTBravo team!

Congrats to both EMTBravo and Seth on a successful 10 years, I was proud to serve as moderator for the site and help out for the time I was. Thanks for the great site Seth.

Moose

x4093k likes this

Thanks, guys. Your kind words are much appreciated.

Couldn't do it without such a kick-butt staff team and an awesome membership.