x635

Spartan ERV's New MPA 65’

8 posts in this topic

Seems aimed at the type of Aerial Sutphen makes, like Millwood's and Somers. I like the concept, and the price point.

Press Release:

post-11-0-31363700-1367367802.jpg

Spartan ERV Announces Breakthrough Pumper Aerial at FDIC
Thursday, April 25, 2013

The MPA 65’, a Multi-function Pumper Aerial offering a price/performance breakthrough that is ideally suited to today’s price-sensitive marketplace

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (April 25, 2013) – Spartan ERV, a subsidiary of Spartan Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPAR), will showcase its new multi-function pumper aerial – the MPA 65’ that comes from the Spartan/Gimaex joint venture – at the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) in Indianapolis, Ind. Featured at Spartan ERV booth 2423, the MPA 65’ at $350,000 to $425,000 is a price and performance breakthrough, offering a combination of technologies that will redefine emergency response, according to Dennis Schneider, President, Spartan ER.

“The Spartan ERV MPA 65’ is a complete apparatus that is well suited for today’s tight budget marketplace,” says Schneider. “We tapped into the aerial expertise of Gimaex, combined the latest, cutting-edge technologies into a versatile 65-foot ladder on a single rear axle, and we’re able to provide a price point that can be 30% less than the competition. It all adds up to the first complete pumper-aerial-rescue apparatus that fits the needs and budget for fire and rescue departments around the country.”

In the U.S., there are over 24,000 fire departments that do not have an aerial device, and the primary reason is cost. Pumpers are the baseline apparatus for every fire department. The MPA 65’ price point is a breakthrough and a versatile multi-function pumper. It is a redefining product ideally suited for today’s price-sensitive marketplace.

This multifunctional apparatus encompasses all the features of a QUINT.
The MPA 65’ pumper: (equipped for suppression) allows trucks to be configured with a 1,250-1,500 gallon-per-minute pump, 1,000 gallon-per-minute telescopic aerial waterway and can carry up to 500 gallons of water.

The MPA 65’ aerial: (equipped for elevated operations) possesses a three-section, 65-foot lightweight, aluminum ladder on a single axle, multi-axis aerial controls and an automatic ladder leveling system and envelope controls to simplify setup.

The MPA 65’ rescue: (equipped for the field) engineered for quick deployment. A proprietary body system that reduces weight and offers easy storage, with 400 cubic feet of compartment space.

post-11-0-94388900-1367367449.jpg

post-11-0-71572100-1367367467.jpg

http://www.spartanerv.com/

Wow! It is....I didn't even notice that. I would take it that it couldn't make it up a fair number of hills.

antiquefirelt likes this

Not to many mid mount straight sticks being produced anymore.

I can see that thing bottoming out in the rear alot. I bet it would have some problems just getting off the ramp of many firehouses and turning onto the street.

Wow! It is....I didn't even notice that. I would take it that it couldn't make it up a fair number of hills.

We found when speccing out MM Tower that the tailslap and more importantly the angle of departure of many unit's was very close with a few small side streets and railroad crossings and none were as long as this one looks. I know our tailslap on the 93' ALF MM is not nearly as big as many and it has dinged a few signs and cars in the last 6 years, tight narrow streets with cars close to the intersections are problematic, thankfully that only describes about 20% of our downtown.

What? Really? That thing is a joke. They will sell less than 10 of them. The tail slap is the biggest detractor, but the inefficiency of the turntable location with regard to compartment layout is awful.

Edited by mfc2257
x129K likes this

I get what their trying to do here but wouldn't it be easier to just get a truck like the Pierce water towers which are 55-61' FT or something like the E-one teleboom which is 50' FT ? Just my opinion then you wouldn't worry about your tail slap and would still get your regular engine configuration.

What? Really? That thing is a joke. They will sell less than 10 of them. The tail slap is the biggest detractor, but the inefficiency of the turntable location with regard to compartment layout is awful.

All ten will be sold in Westchester !

x129K likes this