Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Alaska State Troopers On The Nat Geo Channel

7 posts in this topic

I just watched my first episode of "Alaska State Troopers", and I'm addicted.

What an awesome job! They go on some pretty cool and unique calls, some pretty routine, but it's fascinating how diverse the areas they patrol are and how the culture is very different. They use cars, airplanes, helicopters, snowmobiles, boats, even dogsled to patrol very diverse terrain. Many times, backup is hours away.

One thing I thought was really cool is that in a few pursuits I saw on the show, they always made sure the Dodge Charger HEMI car was the lead car, and passed the Crown Vics and Expeditions to get there.

It would also be cool to work in such a beautiful environment! I hope to go to Alaska one day.

You can catch this show on Nat Geo, Cablevision Channel 162.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/alaska-state-troopers/

It's a fantastic show and police work there is completely different than what it would be like here. I think every state trooper has to do a minimum amount of time (something like 3 years) as a wildlife trooper too.

That has to be a very tough enviornment to work in especially where many of the villages are hours from civilization and they have to transport prisoners by air. I give them alot of credit.

I've watched it several times - and I'm not sure that you can draw that conclusion properly Seth - Like many reality shows, careful scrutiny of editing leaves me wondering - ie: cut from shot of trooper driving a charger to what is likely a stock helicopter or stationary shot of a CVPI blazing by, to a cut back to the interior shot of the Dodge.

Like many reality shows, careful scrutiny of editing leaves me wondering - ie: cut from shot of trooper driving a charger to what is likely a stock helicopter or stationary shot of a CVPI blazing by, to a cut back to the interior shot of the Dodge.

I agree, this show doesn't do a good segwayof associating the officer with the car. I would think that would be difficult due to several factors in the editing room.

It's a fantastic show and police work there is completely different than what it would be like here. I think every state trooper has to do a minimum amount of time (something like 3 years) as a wildlife trooper too.

Its not as a wildlife trooper but they have to do a certain amount of time as a trooper going to the outer villages. I think the wildlife troopers have a nifty job patrolling such a beautiful place

I just watched my first episode of "Alaska State Troopers", and I'm addicted.

What an awesome job! They go on some pretty cool and unique calls, some pretty routine, but it's fascinating how diverse the areas they patrol are and how the culture is very different. They use cars, airplanes, helicopters, snowmobiles, boats, even dogsled to patrol very diverse terrain. Many times, backup is hours away.

One thing I thought was really cool is that in a few pursuits I saw on the show, they always made sure the Dodge Charger HEMI car was the lead car, and passed the Crown Vics and Expeditions to get there.

It would also be cool to work in such a beautiful environment! I hope to go to Alaska one day.

You can catch this show on Nat Geo, Cablevision Channel 162.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/alaska-state-troopers/

Love this show!!! I'm surprised you just discovered it Seth?!!!!