Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Vinny Forras 9/11 Scam

23 posts in this topic

I wish I knew how to post this on a few other sites. I would be more than happy to spread the word.

SageVigiles likes this

Thanks Alex. I appreciate that. Let the world know about this guy. I can't believe how anybody can use such a tragic event to profit from.

His lies on You Tube really get to me.

Does anyone know if there is any investigations being done on him because of the scam he is running?

I have heard that he often responds with threats of litigation to anyone who questions him and his 'organization'.

At home, Vinny has always been very active in his community and with his kids. He was a volunteer firefighter with the South Salem Fire Department. He was a baseball coach and Board Member of the Lewisboro Little League Baseball, and along with his fellow board members, was responsible for lighting The Field of Dreams in that town. Vinny was also a Board Member of the Boy Scouts of America, and active in many other programs.

That quote is from his biography on his website... Anyone from South Salem with Information?

He has a "Gear Up' foundation page up on Facebook, that I have reported as a scam/fraud numerous times. Never removed by facebook no matter the number of complaints against it.

All we can do is help spread the word.

I noticed he moved from NY to CT a while back.

unsure where he is now.

Is there any formal investigation, or any ideas how to start one. I have heard all kinds of things about this guy. If he treats litigation aganst people who question him, he must be hiding something. Are his threats aganst those who challenge him valid? Can you question it without the fear of being sued? Can you present stuff to investigators, Anonymously? Is there some way look up his funds used being its a "Charity"

20y2 likes this

Is there any formal investigation, or any ideas how to start one. I have heard all kinds of things about this guy. If he treats litigation aganst people who question him, he must be hiding something. Are his threats aganst those who challenge him valid? Can you question it without the fear of being sued? Can you present stuff to investigators, Anonymously? Is there some way look up his funds used being its a "Charity"

all 'charities' have to be registered with the NYS Department of State, Bureau of Charities. All charities must also have their tax returns publicly available. Google around, I'm suspecting that neither will be the case here...

all 'charities' have to be registered with the NYS Department of State, Bureau of Charities. All charities must also have their tax returns publicly available. Google around, I'm suspecting that neither will be the case here...

I was going to venture to add that his records, as a charity, should be public records and available upon request or FOIL. He should have paperwork tracking where he "spent" all the money he received and where it went, which should be to any and all 911 charities for the fallen and their families.

Takes a real scum bag to do this kind of thing to the memory of the fallen. I sincerely hope he isnt a past volunteer firefighter, or if he is I hope he gets wahts coming to him...

BBBMF likes this

He is running for Senate? He will fit right in with the majority of politicians.....

CFFD117 likes this

You can look up what he is doing with charitable funds by going to Guidestar.org and downloading the most recent IRS form 990 that they are required to fill out annually. In this case, it looks like a 990 hasn't been submitted since 2007.

From 9/11 Scam Foundations

This was on the parking plaque Vincent Forras used in the Gear Up Foundation vehicle while illegally parked on a NYC Street next to a firehouse; Attempting to pass off as a member of the firehouse. Ground Zero Rescuer? Really? He really is mentally handicapped. Note: He was never a member of the FDNY. He was a member of S. Salem FD in Westchester County but he was thrown out.

9395_689256157766777_1440188023_n.jpg

Dmcke likes this

The "NO LONGER ACTIVE" thing cracks me up. Seems legit, right?

Yah but the "Disabled" line fits him perfectly...mentally disabled... ;)

bigrig77 likes this

What a black eye for the South Salem fire department, I would love to hear what they have to say about this guy. Isn't that considered fraud? He has that "official" ID naming south salem FD as a member. Unless they issue no longer active ID, isn't that considered illegal?

The video on youtube where explains how he was trapped and then how he got out is classic. What a jerk!

“After I retired from the fire department I started the Gear Up Foundation that is a living memorial dedicated to doing great things in the name of those we lost on 9/11,” said Vincent

RETIRED? lol :D

Dirtbag!

SageVigiles and firemoose827 like this