Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Still For Sale-Price Lower: Cairns 1010 "New Yorker" Style Helmet w/ ESS Goggles

13 posts in this topic

FOR SALE

I got a Cairns-MSA "New Yorker" Style helmet with ESS goggles as a gift about ten years ago. It has been sitting in a box for about all of it's life, and only spent a few months on a shelf for display. Excellent, brand new condition and ready to go into service (shield not included)

$75 OBO cash or PayPal. Must pick up in or near Greenburgh area.

Send me an email, seth@emtbravo.com or message me on this forum.

post-11-0-27613500-1376577973.jpg

post-11-0-83730300-1376577973.jpg

post-11-0-28566400-1376577974.jpg

Even if it was never used it is still almost 10 years old....

Even if it was never used it is still almost 10 years old....

?

According to NFPA Firefighting helmets can't be used after 10 years. The first line of your post says that you recieved it as a gift about 10 years ago. So technically it cant be bought and put into service by someone and still be following NFPA.

According to NFPA Firefighting helmets can't be used after 10 years. The first line of your post says that you recieved it as a gift about 10 years ago. So technically it cant be bought and put into service by someone and still be following NFPA.

How is this relevant? It is still a helmet. I didn't say how the user had to use it. It still doesn't expire like eggs.

You clearly said it is ready to go into service. Just stating the facts for someone who didnt know who was looking to purchase it to use for firefighting.

You clearly said it is ready to go into service. Just stating the facts for someone who didnt know who was looking to purchase it to use for firefighting.

Gotcha. Thank you.

Date of manufacture is 10-15-2002

Still for sale....$75 OBO

the NFPA is still just a guide line....

I agree with you 100%, then or until somebody gets hurt and has a good lawyer chirping in his ear. We live in a different world today.

x129K likes this

the NFPA is still just a guide line....

No its not really. In New York State PESH can and will cite you under the general duty clause for this and for any gear that is older than 10 years old.

Hi Seth, I'LL buy it if you still have it. My email is jim@fireinmotion.net. Can you ship it and i will pay for shipping. Thank you Jim.

x129K likes this