Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Jersey City 3rd Alarm Response Delayed Due To Medical Call

6 posts in this topic

A raging fire burned through several homes in Jersey City early Monday morning.

The fire broke out at 13 Bergen Avenue around 5:30 a.m. It started out as a second-alarm fire in the two-story home, but because the houses are so close together, the fire quickly spread to several adjoining structures.

Area residents said there was a delay in getting water on the fire, which the fire chief says was due to firefighters responding to a separate medical call at the time the first 911 call came in about the fire.

Full article and video: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=9210884

So the first due company was on a medical call?

So because the firefighters and the dispatchers didn't have the ability to see into the future and see this fire was gonna break out and sent the first due company on another call, this needs to be investigated? Secondly, they said the woman went to the fire house to report the fire, that's why you should just call 911 on the phone, cause you know they'll always be there.

ems-buff likes this

It sounds to me like a non-story. The second-due engine was in service and I doubt very much it took them twenty minutes (as one of the tenants said) to get there once the alarm was transmitted. It sounds like there could've possibly been a delay in notifying the Fire Department.

Actually if you look at the video I would say FDJC did a pretty good job. There was a lot of fire there on arrival and it looks like they knocked it down pretty quickly. The building where the fire started has a lot of damage only it's not like it burned to the ground or anything even close to that.

I would say, Good job guys!

Hey guys one never knows. Id love to know the nature though of the EMS call. It would be pretty sad if it was a b/s run and there was a delay as a result.

Hey guys one never knows. Id love to know the nature though of the EMS call. It would be pretty sad if it was a b/s run and there was a delay as a result.

But on the same note, how many BS "fire calls' do they also go on? Always hate when there is a delay do to bs.