Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masterofmetal85

EmStar in NY

44 posts in this topic

TransCare

Putnam County 911

Dutchess: Union Vale, Beekman, Pawling, Millbrook, Town of Wappingers. I believe we still go to East Clinton for intercepts, Castlepoint VA, Back up ALS for BVAC, may have missed a few

@pjm1733.....do you mean Professional or Paid??

@pjm1733.....do you mean Professional or Paid??

Everyone should be considered "professional" whether paid or not. Union>non union, Paid>volunteer, whatever you do, do it with pride.......

Everyone should be considered "professional" whether paid or not. Union>non union, Paid>volunteer, whatever you do, do it with pride.......

You have to operate professionally to be considered professional. I hardly consider all the sloppy EMT's and paramedics I see professional and it doesn't matter whether they collect a paycheck or not.

paratrooper75, dashield and Bnechis like this

And you should also consider "volunteer" agencies who employ personnel - Eastchester VAC, Ossining VAC, Peekskill VAC (or are they under contract with a commercial now), Larchmont/Mamaroneck VAC, Scarsdale VAC, etc.....

You have to operate professionally to be considered professional. I hardly consider all the sloppy EMT's and paramedics I see professional and it doesn't matter whether they collect a paycheck or not.

I do enjoy seeing EMT's show up to calls in sport's jerseys, grease-stained pants, or reeking of whatever they were drinking the night before, and looking like hell...

/sarcasm

And you should also consider "volunteer" agencies who employ personnel - Eastchester VAC, Ossining VAC, Peekskill VAC (or are they under contract with a commercial now), Larchmont/Mamaroneck VAC, Scarsdale VAC, etc.....

Peekskill contract's Empress.

Edited by newsbuff

I think you may have missed my point.... Whether you are PAID or Volunteer you should be considered professional, not just because your are paid. I understand and have seen the sloppiness first hand, but my point was, collect a pay check or not you should be considered professional, whether you conduct yourself and your skills in that matter is totally different.

Google is your friend.

http://focusventuresllc.com/portfolio.php

Also, can anyone tell me when the REMSCOs approved transfer of the operating certificate(s) from one entity (Empire Ambulance dba whatever they are this year) to another? Cause if EMStar bought the company in July, there has yet to be a proper transfer of the certificate to them.

There WAS a transfer of operating authority done just recently for the transfer of Park Ambulance's CON to a company known as Medic East (d.b.a. SeniorCare). For those keeping track at home their principles are: Kenneth Rosenberg, Jeremy Straus, and Michael Vatch. If they have any connection with Richmond County Ambulance it's news to me.

Source: WREMSCO Meeting available at the website.

I do enjoy seeing EMT's show up to calls in sport's jerseys, grease-stained pants, or reeking of whatever they were drinking the night before, and looking like hell...

/sarcasm

While I agree that we all should look professional (ie. in uniform when on duty) I'm confident that someone in full cardiac arrest doesn't care much at that point.

No but the family of the person who is cardiac arrest might. And given that survival rates for cardiac arrest are not great (getting better). Looking and acting like a professional regardless of compensation goes along way in the overall delivery of care to both the patient and family

velcroMedic1987 likes this

No but the family of the person who is cardiac arrest might. And given that survival rates for cardiac arrest are not great (getting better). Looking and acting like a professional regardless of compensation goes along way in the overall delivery of care to both the patient and family

Exactly the point that I was trying to make, and some missed it.

Would you let yourself be served at a restaurant by someone that dressed like a homeless bum? No, there is a reason for clean and professional looking uniforms.

99subi and velcroMedic1987 like this

I think you may have missed my point.... Whether you are PAID or Volunteer you should be considered professional, not just because your are paid. I understand and have seen the sloppiness first hand, but my point was, collect a pay check or not you should be considered professional, whether you conduct yourself and your skills in that matter is totally different.

And you're missing my point. Like respect, professionalism is something that must be earned/displayed/projected. It is not something you just "get" because you're in EMS. There are plenty of bozos in EMS (paid and volunteer). There are also plenty of professionals (again, both paid and volunteer). This is NOT related to your pay status.

If you don't conduct yourself properly and you're not competent, you're not professional! It's not totally different, that's the point. Your conduct and skills directly relate to whether or not you're professional.

Clean, groomed, properly attired (preferably in uniform), respectful, able to communicate with the patient, family/bystanders, other responders, and the hospital is a good start toward being professional. It's all part of the package. I've been in the Emergency Department and heard the staff talking about how someone looked unprofessional so appearance does carry a lot of weight. You can say all you want but first impressions are lasting impressions and the public may never get to see anything more than your appearance so what do they base their opinion on?