Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AntMan

Code 3 Collectibles: What is in your collection?

18 posts in this topic

What do you have in your collection of Code 3's? The value in Diamond Plate code 3's have gone up Substantially!

This Code 3 is my most rare out of all. But im interested to see what others have!post-23322-0-63374700-1381722013.jpg

sfrd18, E106MKFD and WCFCX613 like this

I don't know exactly how many I have - been a while since I attempted any kind of inventory - but I have a decent amount dating back almost to day one of the company. Fell on hard times a few years back and had to curtail my collecting, but hope to be able to fill in the blanks of what had to be passed up somewhere down the road.

AntMan likes this

I have around 45 in my collection, including the Diamond Plate FDNY Engine 21. I also have the model of FDNY's 10 House.

My collection (1/64th scale) includes:

FDNY Engine's 1, 7, 10, 46, 59, 75; Ladder's 24, 26, 120(FWD Aerialscope), 174; Rescue's 3(HME) & 4(E-One Saulsbury); Squad's 18 & 61(Flag Design)

Boston, MA FD Engine 30 & Ladder 23

Yonkers, NY FD Engine 306 & Tower Ladder 71

Bayonne, NJ FD Truck 1

Hartford, CT FD Engine 7

Detroit, MI FD Ladder 1 & Engine 49(Mack C)

San Francisco, CA FD Truck 4(Open-Cab Tiller) & Truck 15(Seagrave Tiller from The Towering Inferno)

LACoFD, CA Engine 16(Ward La France), Engine 51(Emergency! Ward LaFrance) & Squad 51(Emergency!)

LAFD, CA Engine 88, Pump 80(Open-Cab Yellow Crown)

Hoffman Estates, IL FD Engine 22

Wichita, KS FD Engine 12

Houston, TX FD Engine 78

Clark County, NV FD Engine 19

Cedar Hill, TX FD Engine 211

Plainfield, IN FD Engine 121

Jacksonville, FL FD Rescue 32

Portland, OR FD Engine 9

PAPD, NY/NJ ESU Truck

Long Beach, CA FD Rescue 14

Code 3 Collector's Club Ladder 1

Mesa, AZ Engine

Louisville, KY Engine

Newark, NJ Battalion Chief's SUV

nfd2004 likes this

What do you have in your collection of Code 3's? The value in Diamond Plate code 3's have gone up Substantially!

This Code 3 is my most rare out of all. But im interested to see what others have!attachicon.gif1.jpg

You ain't kidding. I'd like to add the Squad to my collection. At least I have a Diamond Plate of Ten Truck.

I have around 45 in my collection, including the Diamond Plate FDNY Engine 21. I also have the model of FDNY's 10 House.

FDNY Engine's 1, 7, 10, 46, 59, 75; Ladder's 24, 26, 120(FWD Aerialscope), 174; Rescue's 3(HME) & 4(E-One Saulsbury); Squad's 18 & 61(Flag Design)

Bayonne, NJ FD Truck 1

Hartford, CT FD Engine 7

San Francisco, CA FD Truck 4(Open-Cab Tiller) & Truck 15(Seagrave Tiller from The Towering Inferno)

LACoFD, CA Engine 16(Ward La France), Engine 51(Emergency! Ward LaFrance) & Squad 51(Emergency!)

Wichita, KS FD Engine 12

Houston, TX FD Engine 78

Portland, OR FD Engine 9

PAPD, NY/NJ ESU Truck

Mesa, AZ Engine

Louisville, KY Engine

Very Nice Collection! Do you have them in the domes still or in a display case?

Anyone else ever stripped off the stickers and created their own?... I've been looking for sutphen code 3's but for some reason theyre hard to come by at this time..

This Code 3 is my most rare out of all. But im interested to see what others have!attachicon.gif1.jpg

You ain't kidding. I'd like to add the Squad to my collection. At least I have a Diamond Plate of Ten Truck.

Yup. Keep it!! I Have no squad either.. Really trying to expand this year.

Bayonne, NJ FD Truck 1

Hartford, CT FD Engine 7

Wichita, KS FD Engine 12

Houston, TX FD Engine 78

Portland, OR FD Engine 9

PAPD, NY/NJ ESU Truck

Mesa, AZ Engine

Louisville, KY Engine

"SFD...." that sure is quite a collection. Plus the fact that you have everyone listed. Really a nice job.

I collected many of the FDNY models. A few of the various different pieces. Maybe two dozen or so. Now I wish I bought more.

Very Nice Collection! Do you have them in the domes still or in a display case?

Thanks! I have about 25 rigs, including the FDNY ones, in a 3'x2' wall-mounted clear plastic display case with 5 rows to show off the rigs loose. The rest of the rigs I have in the newer square snap-in plastic display cases that some of the more recent models came with. I don't have any still in the old rounded plastic domes.

"SFD...." that sure is quite a collection. Plus the fact that you have everyone listed. Really a nice job.

I collected many of the FDNY models. A few of the various different pieces. Maybe two dozen or so. Now I wish I bought more.

Thanks Willy "D"!

I have never sat down and taken inventory, but off hand I would say that I have about one hundred or so Code 3's. Not all of them were bought for display, probably half were picked up cheap as parts donors for kitbash projects. I never limited myself to Code 3's, I also like Corgi and Matchbox, and I have a lot of older diecast from the 1960's in my collection. The only thing I limit myself to is size or scale. I have nothing larger than 1:43, and nothing smaller than 1:64. Right now, my entire collection is packed away.

I also have a lot of lesser-known makes in my collection, such as Tekno (Danish), Conrad (German), Dinky (British), Replex (French), Solido (French), Minichamps (German), Siku (German), Tomica (Japanese), RAF (Russian), Lledo (British), and Ashton (American). Here are a couple of pictures of my wall cabinet. As you might be able to see, there are very few Code 3's displayed. These were taken ten years ago in my old house:

post-1415-0-23830300-1382026833.jpg

post-1415-0-82693000-1382026848.jpg

post-1415-0-42687300-1382026869.jpg

Edited by Stepjam
AntMan, x635, x129K and 1 other like this

I have never sat down and taken inventory, but off hand I would say that I have about one hundred or so Code 3's. Not all of them were bought for display, probably half were picked up cheap as parts donors for kitbash projects. I never limited myself to Code 3's, I also like Corgi and Matchbox, and I have a lot of older diecast from the 1960's in my collection. The only thing I limit myself to is size or scale. I have nothing larger than 1:43, and nothing smaller than 1:64. Right now, my entire collection is packed away.

I also have a lot of lesser-known makes in my collection, such as Tekno (Danish), Conrad (German), Dinky (British), Replex (French), Solido (French), Minichamps (German), Siku (German), Tomica (Japanese), RAF (Russian), Lledo (British), and Ashton (American). Here are a couple of pictures of my wall cabinet. As you might be able to see, there are very few Code 3's displayed. These were taken ten years ago in my old house:

Wow, Talk about a nice collection! Thats awesome!! B)

x635 likes this

I use to know actually how many Code 3's I have. If memory serves me correctly it's around 130. I use to keep them all in their domes, or the display cases that the newer ones came in. Since moving into my brand new house last year, I've bought three glass cases from IKEA. I have been slowly removing my Code 3's from their domes and placing them into the glass cases. My pride would be the three Fort Worth models with Truck 8 being my favorite. I know these aren't 100% accurate, but since I had a small hand in getting them released, they're special to me. I also have 4 TWH models.

sfrd18 and x635 like this

I used to have a ton of Code 3's, and die cast fire apparatus replicas, too many too list. I finally decided that my home was permanent enough to take them all out of their boxes and put them into a perfect display case I found at a used store fixture place. As soon as that was completed, I was served divorce papers (unrelated to that, lol), everything was thrown into the garage damaging many pieces and my firematic man cave made into a guest bedroom very quickly.

Now they are just siting in boxes in my moms garage in Texas. Don't know if I'll ever have a place again where I can display them, and I had to throw away all the boxes they came in and the display case. If they weren't in Texas, I'd probably sell as many as I could, but probably will just end up bequeathing them to a museum or something.

I miss them.

And Steve, wow!

AntMan likes this

I used to have a ton of Code 3's, and die cast fire apparatus replicas, too many too list. I finally decided that my home was permanent enough to take them all out of their boxes and put them into a perfect display case I found at a used store fixture place. As soon as that was completed, I was served divorce papers (unrelated to that, lol), everything was thrown into the garage damaging many pieces and my firematic man cave made into a guest bedroom very quickly.

Now they are just siting in boxes in my moms garage in Texas. Don't know if I'll ever have a place again where I can display them, and I had to throw away all the boxes they came in and the display case. If they weren't in Texas, I'd probably sell as many as I could, but probably will just end up bequeathing them to a museum or something.

I miss them.

And Steve, wow!

Next time your around those neck of the woods, Grab a few to bring back home! I bought a glass case for mine. Hopefully I wont have to find a new spot for them any time soon

They went out of business in 2012.

http://www.code3.net/

Yep. Checkout Diecast Model Co. They make some AWESOME diecast rigs with real diamond plate and all B)

It was 2011, actually. People were saying "end of the year", but production had already ceased when the press release was issued in August of that year. I can't say that I was surprised based on how things had been going at the time, but was still sorry to see it actually happen.