RWC130

Incident Alert Facebook Group

15 posts in this topic

Social Media such as Facebook has become very popular and sometimes a quick way to get information out.

EMTBravo will be launching a Incident Alert Group on Facebook very soon.

More information to follow.

EmsFirePolice and x635 like this

Honestly, and truthfully, you missed the boat on this. There are already MANY prominent IA FB groups.

We were here before the boat. It's not meant to be another FB group, Rob is just testing it as an extension of our Incident Alert section, which existed way before these FB groups.

To note also, EMTBravo has an official FB page separate from the above page: http://www.facebook.com/emtbravo

Not being a Facebook user, do IA's posted here automatically transfer over there? Anything I post will be forum only, not FB.

HubEng21 likes this

No, this is just on Facebook. Information can be transfered over at some point but not automatic.

We are giving this a try. A lot of our members are on Facebook and other social media sites.

Thanks

No Hard feelings, But i dont think you guys are going to be able to dominate FB Like WFW And KFW.. They already have a high gross of fans and they work together im pretty sure.

DonMoose likes this

No Hard feelings, But i dont think you guys are going to be able to dominate FB Like WFW And KFW.. They already have a high gross of fans and they work together im pretty sure.

"Dominate FB"? Our goal isn't to "dominate" or to compete. We really don't care about how many "likes" or, as you put it, "fans" we have, as "likes" are not a real metric on it's own. Our goal is to provide the best possible site and content for our members, and always be striving to find new ways to better the site. Some work, some don't, but some you don't know until you try.

firemoose827 and x4093k like this

The last thing on my mind was to dominate anyone. lol.

This is not about any type of agenda who has more "likes" or members

(10 years online and over 7,000 members) but that is not the point.

I set this up as a convenience to our members to give Incident Alerts on Facebook a try.

Feel free to join the group and post if you like.

Yes, we might be a little delayed in starting this up but we are and we shall see

how it works out.

THANK YOU! :D

x4093k likes this

I'd rather read EMTBravo then the wires. I don't like reading all the routine calls and calls that turn out to be nothing, and I hate all the misspellings that are posted on those pages. They also love to pat themselves on the back about how many likes they have. I hope EMTBravo can maintain the same quality on FB that is in the IA section, I'd hate to see it turn out like the others.

x4093k likes this

I'd rather read EMTBravo then the wires. I don't like reading all the routine calls and calls that turn out to be nothing, and I hate all the misspellings that are posted on those pages. They also love to pat themselves on the back about how many likes they have. I hope EMTBravo can maintain the same quality on FB that is in the IA section, I'd hate to see it turn out like the others.

I know both the wires on FB Only post Jobs,MVAS,Police hotwires, and hazmat situations...?

Not sure why your acting like you aren't the founder of one and an admin of the other...

That's your opinion, let them have theirs. As Rob said, it doesn't hurt to try.

Edited by x4093k