x635

Somers May Switch To 60 Control For Dispatching

37 posts in this topic

On the update starting Monday morning at 8Am 60 Control will begin "direct dispatching" any calls that they receive for Somers fire and EMS.

so December 16th is the roll out for 60 control dispatching somers?

so December 16th is the roll out for 60 control dispatching somers?

If what I hear from JM15 is accurate, 60 Control will provide "Direct Dispatch," meaning calls we receive for Somers will get dispatched by us with a follow-up phone call to their dispatcher. It's a similar practice we have with other agencies, such as Elmsford, Fairview, Hartsdale, Port Chester/Rye EMS, Harrison EMS and others.

Correct, from what I've heard, effective the 16th 0800, 60 Control will dispatch any calls they receive, a follow up phone to Somers dispatch, then Somers dispatch will run the rest of the call following Somers FD dispatch protocols.

Remember585 likes this

When the full transition occurs, will somers be dispatched on 46.26 and use fire 13, or will they remain on their own channel?

If someone dials 911 in Somers, who do they get Somers FD dispatch or 60-Control?

Neither, they get NYSP, then it gets forwarded to either. It's never been consistent.

911 calls (Landline) in Somers go to State Police "TMC" in Hawthorne.

911 calls (Cell) in Somers also go to State Police "TMC" in Hawthorne

however some cell phone calls close to the district line (i.e. West Hill of Heritage Hills) are sometimes

routed to Putnam County 911.

State Police Somers and Somers Town Police do not have a dispatcher at the station.

Is 60-Control doing the initial dispatch or all communications?