Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bnechis

Bloomfield PD Captain Takes on Town Council

7 posts in this topic

The following video shows Bloomfield Police Department's Acting Police Chief James Behre speaking at a council meeting.

Acting Chief Behre lays out a history of Councilman Carlos Bernard asking for favors including ticket fixing, favorable treatment for Hispanic officers, and violating the chain of command by contacting officers directly with assignments.

Less than 48 hours later, Acting Chief Behre was placed on administrative leave.

http://www.njlawman.com/police-blog/046-acting-captain-addresses-council.htm

FDNY 10-75 and FD123FD like this

I would love to shake Acting Chief Behre hand ,.... and thank him... for standing up to what he believes in, for the better of the people in the township ,and the Bloomfield Police Dept.

idlewildvfd and Bnechis like this

I'm sure Capt Behre knew full well what the repercussions of his actions would be, yet he stood up alone and faced them. That is courage, that is integrity and that my friends is what we need more of today. Hopefully others will take note and draw inspiration from his example.

Good job Capt and good luck!!

Bnechis, BFD1054 and idlewildvfd like this

I'm sure Capt Behre knew full well what the repercussions of his actions would be, yet he stood up alone and faced them. That is courage, that is integrity and that my friends is what we need more of today. Hopefully others will take note and draw inspiration from his example.

Good job Capt and good luck!!

Also, hopefully the voters will take notice and replace those that are creating this situation.

And if and laws are being violated, hopefully the state AG &/or the county prosecutors office will make an example of this.

Less than 48 hours later, Acting Chief Behre was placed on administrative leave.

Saw that one coming.......

KUDOS TO ACTING CHIEF BEHRE!