Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pagers

NYPD ESU and Aviation - Photos From Annual REMA Day 4-26-14

9 posts in this topic

AWESOME, AWESOME shots! So disappointed I didn't go this year! But your photos made up for that! Thank you!

I love the new Ford Police Interceptor SUV's! Also love the new International/Ferrara TAC units.

That last photo....the black truck with the large "roof rack"....what's that all about?

Pagers likes this

That last photo....the black truck with the large "roof rack"....what's that all about?

It's a new Lenco Bear, larger than the BearCat units and similar in size to the POT (Photo observation truck) unit.

The 'roof racks' are hydraulic platforms for officers to make dynamic entry to upper floors of a building, plane or give access to other elevated areas.

Stairs set up - http://www.patriot3.com/wp-content/themes/patriot/images/mars-armored/Lenco-BEAR-lg-3.jpg

...and http://www.hendonpub.com/assets/articles/1856/012054b0-200b-4e97-9578-e0e6e5a07c2e.jpg

http://www.lencoarmor.com/law-enforcement/

BFD1054, E106MKFD, PEMO3 and 1 other like this

I don't want to hijack Andrew's thread by reposting anything else that he may have shot but I don't belive he shot these while we were out and about.

DSC_5631_zpsdb2c96ab.jpg

DSC_5643_zps9692573a.jpg

DSC_5685_zps381ebf86.jpg

DSC_5689_zps56c62294.jpg

999th post!

BFD1054, sfrd18, Pagers and 2 others like this

Eli, the Ford Police Interceptor car was the same one as Drew posted (or looked like it). The special SWAT offroader was also one of Drews, but repainted.

The Interceptor I posted is Police Academy Driver Training and the one Eli posted was ESU K9. Their are actually 2 APCs the dark blue and the white over blue.

Are the Interceptor SUV's going to be assigned to to general patrol, or are they going to be assigned to special units or supervisors?

I'm surprised they didn't use the SUV for the K-9 units, but the car is probably easier for the dog to get in and out of.

Are the Interceptor SUV's going to be assigned to to general patrol, or are they going to be assigned to special units or supervisors?

I'm surprised they didn't use the SUV for the K-9 units, but the car is probably easier for the dog to get in and out of.

Some of the SUV's will be assigned to "general" patrol.

This in not an "all-inclusive" list, but it gives an idea where SUV's may end up on routine patrol.

One or two will go to Precincts that have beaches, such as Orchard Beach (45 Pct), the Rockaways (100, 101 Pct's) and Coney Island (60 Pct).

Precincts that have large parks, such as Pelham Bay Park (45 Pct), Van Cortlandt Park (50 Pct), Central Park (CPP Pct) and Prospect Park (I think the 76 Pct) may also see one or two each.

Edited by 10512
FDNY 10-75 and x635 like this