x635

WEMS To Staff Armonk FD Ambulance

35 posts in this topic

Update from the official Westchester EMS Facebook page:

After the North Castle Fire District #2 placed an RFP for EMT staffing, Westchester EMS has been awarded the contract for 2015, and will continue staffing the Armonk FD ambulance with 1 EMT M-F 0700-1900. We are excited to continue working with the fire district and the officers and members of the Armonk Fire Department.

I personally think my town (Armonk) should have the EMT be in service over the weekend. It seems as if we get a lot more EMS calls then (requiring WEMS).

It's a hamlet within the Town of North Castle. There is no such thing as the Town of Armonk.

Be Safe.

Mini-Attack9, Westfield12 and JM15 like this

Is this contract still in effect? I've heard Armonk toning for a full crew several times this week.

Westfield12 likes this

Armonk FD has contracted Westchester EMS to supply 1 EMT for Monday thru Friday, 7:00AM to 7:00PM. Perhaps you are hearing the full crew tones when this EMT is not in service.

I understand that from previous posts on this thread. I am hearing tones for full crews from 7AM to 7PM, which is why I am asking why the EMT would not be in service.

Westfield12 likes this