Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Viper

Upstate New York Firehouse Vandalized

13 posts in this topic

This is another example of why EVERY public safety facility should have closed circuit camera systems. They are certainly affordable enough and easy to operate nowadays.

First, this sucks, and once they find those responsible, prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. I would imagine that someone has to have insurance to cover damage that cant be easily fixed. Spray paint doesn't make the apparatus useless, and should come off diamond plate with some remover and elbow grease... We get stripes on bunker gear replaced when they get damaged for minimal cost. I don't see how they get the $50,000 figure...

My guess this was either a former member or a disgruntled member still in the department. Either way what an immature and criminal thing to do and I hope they catch the thug that did this

http://www.firerescue1.com/arrest/articles/2050185-volunteer-firefighter-arrested-for-vandalism-at-n-y-firehouse

"New York State Troopers arrested 21-year-old Damean M. Kessler and charged him with second degree criminal mischief and tampering with physical evidence — two felonies — for alleged vandalism against his own fire company. Police say Kessler caused at least $30,000 in damage to the the Clarksville Volunteer Fire Company."

Throw the book at him. Doesn't matter if he was a "member" or not.

Edited by 38ff

Uh, obviously he isn't right. A member causing this about of damage to his own company...clearly he isn't "all there."

Then what does that say about them having him as a member?

"Please accept my resignation. I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member". - Groucho Marx

Guess this thugs mother will say what a good boy he is. He is just so misunderstood. Please give him another chance...etc. Hopefully he will be made to clean up the mess he made along with jail time

I've seen a lot of guys look a lot more "not right" who were good guys. A lot of places take in people who end up being their biggest problems. Happens all over, the system can't stop every problem from occurring, it's a shame though.

AFS1970 likes this

A lot of places take in people who end up being their biggest problems. Happens all over, the system can't stop every problem from occurring, it's a shame though.

Its not the "system" its the desperation of many departments to take anyone with a pulse.

AFS1970 likes this

Uh, obviously he isn't right. A member causing this about of damage to his own company...clearly he isn't "all there."

MY Point in stating the obvious here is That He has the Glazed Drug induced BLANK LOOK on his Face That one see's in so Many of Todays Mass Killers .... I realize That Vollie outfits are pressed, christ 30 years ago we were dealing with members LIKE this kid... that aspect is Nothing new various places I am aware Have delt with issues That nearly got this Bad,,, "because they was bored or got wasted or some crap..... it also goes along with how many JR arsonists you hear about in some Locations, more often in rural areas....