x635

JetBlue flying cops to NYPD officer's funeral for free

7 posts in this topic

JetBlue Airways (JBLU) is offering free flights to two officers from any U.S. law enforcement agency who wish to attend the funerals of slain New York City policemen Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos.

The carrier, which is based in New York, said it is also offering flights at no charge to the families of the murdered officers. The two were shot to death in Brooklyn on Saturday as they sat in their patrol car. JetBlue also said it is working with another airline to fly in the family of Ofc. Liu from China so they can attend his service.

"We're honored to do what we can to support the communities we serve, and our team has made flights available to law enforcement agencies across our route network who wish to send representatives to New York to support their brethren," a JetBlue spokeswoman said in a statement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jetblue-offers-to-fly-police-to-nypd-officer-funerals/

BFD1054 likes this

I will support Jet Blue next time I need a ticket for vacation !!!

Without a doubt

BFD1054 likes this

Just to add on here:

JetBlue has been pretty supportive of the FDNY/NYPD community in general. Aside from that awesome custom painted plane....they hire a lot of current and former members as crew aboard their aircraft and on the ground. They've got a good family/team atmosphere, supposedly.

x635 and BFD1054 like this

i was in the Jet Blue Terminal on Saturday night. Strange seeing a bunch of police in different uniforms there. I always liked Jet Blue. Now I like them even more.

M' Ave and BFD1054 like this

Just to add on here:

JetBlue has been pretty supportive of the FDNY/NYPD community in general. Aside from that awesome custom painted plane....they hire a lot of current and former members as crew aboard their aircraft and on the ground. They've got a good family/team atmosphere, supposedly.

They just had a piece on the national news or one of the Sunday morning shows about JetBlue recruiting retired first responders and interviewed an FDNY retiree. It was a decent piece and highlighted the "family work team style". Regardless of that, we fly a bit and have had more positive flights with JetBlue than any other carrier and their helping fly LEO's to NYC makes it even more likely that we'll seek JetBlue for any trip rather than the lowest fare.

M' Ave and BFD1054 like this

I might have to change my otherwise low opinion of Jet Blue. I may just give them another try now.