Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRUCK6018

New Mohegan Utility 40

14 posts in this topic

While I havn't seen any discusion here on it, it looks as though Mohegan will be getting rid of one of their many SUV's for a Ford extended cab chassis with a utility box. http://www.mcfw.com/main/images/june/IMG_4317.jpg(photo from "Monroe County Fire Wire" web page).

Does anyone have any addition info on the new U-40?

It was delivered a few days ago. Not in service yet.

Swab Pioneer I believe

Was going to home depot yesterday up on route 6, I saw the new U-40 in the firehouse it look really sharp. Good luck with it!

Wow, this came out of nowhere for me! I didn't even know this was coming! But a very nice suprise, and a HOT looking truck! This is just the type of vehicle needed for U-40, I always thought the Explorer was uselss. This seems better to transport equipment to the scene. I also like the color scheme.

Also, Empress EMS uses a Swab Pioneer for their Yonkers EMS Supervisor and Special Operations Division Responses.

THAT IS A VERY NICE TRUCK GOOD LUCK WITH IT AND HAVE FUN BE SAFE

I like the truck, saw it durring stand-by durring the fire the other day, great layout and equipment on board...have to say though, dark maroon is not my favorite color on fire trucks (dont worry, i dont like lime yellow either).

So, since I'm being kept in the dark about this (Thanks Mofire and CG206, grrrrrrr!!!), what equipment does this truck have on it? Any special features? ANY PHOTOS!!!?????

Drove by Rte. 6 station the other day and noticed a sweet truck in the bay. As I drove by again I saw the new U-40, it looks awesome. I have to say the color is real sharp as well.. Good luck Mohegan FD, especially the Career guys who will be using it..

This was a total suprise to me as well, i never heard anything about it until today. Mohegan is being very sneaky 8) . Definately a cool looking rig & makes a much better Utility than the former U-40 Ford Explorer. The career FF assigned to it will be able to carry much more equipment. Seems like a very practical vehicle & a smart move my the Mohegan FD! Best of luck to the LMFD on their new Utility-40!

Heres some pictures i found of it....

http://www.1strespondernews.com/webpages/n...5b-c633d404c028

Oh, c'mon! Someone HAS to have some (nice) photos of it to send into this site!!!! Or connections to let me at it, lol!!!

First pics I have seen of the vehicle. Looks sweet, I've noticed its maroon, and the new Chiefs vehicle, assigned to 2263 is also maroon. Is this the new Mohegan color scheme? Is the vehicle EMS or FIRE? Too many star of lives. Still looks like it will be a versatile vehicle to complement the Mohegan Fire District.