vodoly

Englewood Hospital ALS 211

19 posts in this topic

Here's unit 2010 running as ALS 211 unsure of year (2014) E 350  rechassided unit  outside of  ER these units can be used as BLS or ALS units

image.jpeg

We switched over from the Fly Car's so we can offer transport capability when towns are not able to get  rig out The fly cars (suburban's) are used by the tour commanders & can be used as ALS units during snowy weather

Westfield12 and trauma74 like this

8 hours ago, vodoly said:

We switched over from the Fly Car's so we can offer transport capability when towns are not able to get  rig out The fly cars (suburban's) are used by the tour commanders & can be used as ALS units during snowy weather

Just out of curiosity, are the local VAC's OK with this? I think it's a great arrangement, and should be done here in Westchester, but I can see some anti-progress people around here not liking this or viewing it as competition, along with some billing issues. (Although I think WEMS may have a 40-A-1 that can do this?)

Also, is it staffed double medic, or medic/EMT?

trauma74, Westfield12 and vodoly like this

As far as I know the area VAC's welcome it  They use direct billing here Englewood hospital provides full time EMS to  Palisades Park Leonia & Englewood Cliffs We took over their areas when these squads disbanded  We cover City of Englwood VAC 6 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday We also back up squads needing extra BLS units @ scenes  All dispatching handled by MICOM Double Medics on both units working Our unit #. 's are ALS 211 & 213 Tour chief 's are 294 /298 BLS are # 231/236

Edited by vodoly
trauma74, boca1day and Westfield12 like this

Almost forgot  hospital EMS also provides transport services for patients going on to rehab  centers/nursing homes  We have begun a van service for families needing rides for treatments at hospital 

Englewood Hospital & Medical Center Tour Chiefs  Unit 294  (radio I'd of tour chief working)2003 Suburban/Oddesey 

image.jpeg

Edited by vodoly
MdWC, trauma74 and Westfield12 like this

Also caught Unit 2017 (riding as 236  )2015 Ford E350 PL Custom @ER

image.jpeg

Edited by vodoly
MdWC, Westfield12 and trauma74 like this

Here's unit 2011 Ex Palisade Park PK A4 soon to be replaced Hospital got this unit & an older twin unit when they disbanded their Squad yeah it's a Horton 

image.jpeg

trauma74, Westfield12, MdWC and 1 other like this

Here's 1 of the first units bought by Englewood hospital when we started our EMS Program Unit 2006 riding as 232 1999 Frod E 350 AEV

image.jpeg

On 3/7/2016 at 3:33 PM, x635 said:

Just out of curiosity, are the local VAC's OK with this? I think it's a great arrangement, and should be done here in Westchester, but I can see some anti-progress people around here not liking this or viewing it as competition, along with some billing issues. (Although I think WEMS may have a 40-A-1 that can do this?)

Also, is it staffed double medic, or medic/EMT?

It absolutely can be viewed as "competition", but the thing is (based on comments in this thread) the VACs created this situation.  If they had consistently and reliably gotten their BLS units on the street in a timely manner, then the hospital probably wouldn't have looked at making this change.  A SUV is a lot cheaper to operate as a fly car than an ambulance.

vodoly and trauma74 like this

Curious, do they have two sets of gear and will they split like RPS to cover a second call?

Westfield12 likes this

I think this needs to be stated- In NJ only hospitals are allowed to provide ALS service.  Local agencies cannot provide ALS, therefore hospital EMS is a must have for Jersey.

vodoly, SageVigiles and Westfield12 like this

4 hours ago, STAT213 said:

Curious, do they have two sets of gear and will they split like RPS to cover a second call?

Believe  only one set of gear on each ALS   Unit The tour Chiefs also carry gear  We also started to use the Lukas CPR Machines both ALS units Carry them

Edited by vodoly
Westfield12 likes this

A replacement for 2011 (ex PKA 4) sould be in 2017  according to my source  in the $$ dept it's not in the 2016 capital 

Edited by vodoly
Westfield12 likes this

Here's Englewood Hospital & Medical Center 's  unit 2007 a 1999 Ford AEV now used as a inter Hospital transport unit & training instructor  equipment carrier I didn't even know  we still own this unt A local vender showed the hospital a Sprinter Ambulance Demo I was told 

IMG_1392.JPG

Edited by vodoly