Viper

Village Of Port Chester Disbands Career FD

248 posts in this topic

Port Chester volunteers claim harassment after paid staff laid off

Village and fire department officials cited harassment in the days after all 8 paid firefighters were laid off. Here's what documents show.

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/investigations/2017/05/24/port-chester-volunteers-claimed-harassment-after-paid-staff-laid-off/337248001/

If the Port Chester firefighters committed these offenses they are WRONG. Calling in a false alarm, spitting on an individual should not be tolerated. As frustrated as those Port Chester Firefighters might have been, this kind of activity just can't be done. If these charges are correct, "it is an embarrassment to all career firefighters, no matter where they are from". When a firefighter commits a wrong doing, it is a reflection on all other firefighters.

Have the individual firefighters who committed such offense been named and singled out ? Are there witnesses willing to come forward with facts ? Are there photos or videos of such action ? On the contrary, I think there is an audio of Chief Quinn suggesting members break windows at the home of a career firefighter union official.  Two Wrongs don't make a Right.

The Fire Service is probably the only place were there has been more hatred among those who are expected to help each other than perhaps a victim towards a their criminal. Really very sad when you think about it. As a volunteer firefighter in one town serving with career firefighters, we got along great. Then as a career firefighter serving in another town with volunteer firefighters it has been decades of hating each other. Two totally different worlds only about 75 miles apart.

BIGRED1, AFS1970 and bfd1144 like this

300 intimidated by 8? Really? I'm embarrassed for my home town FD.

BIGRED1 likes this

It's all B.S created by a bunch of sensationalists.

There were volunteer firemen marching alongside their career brethren. 

More fodder from the so-called printed media.

Edited by fdalumnus
bfd1144 likes this

I can see that. I grew up in PC. I have very good friends both volunteer and career. Im sorry it's come down to this. I'd like to meet everyone at the old Terry Lodge for drinks and food like the old times. 

P.S.

Kelly's in Rye is always an option.  Lol.

35 minutes ago, 210 said:

I can see that. I grew up in PC. I have very good friends both volunteer and career. Im sorry it's come down to this. I'd like to meet everyone at the old Terry Lodge for drinks and food like the old times. 

P.S.

Never let a few bad apples, whether career or volunteer, spoil the entire barrel because to the core in our hearts we are all there to help those during their time of need.

210 and dwcfireman like this

3 hours ago, 210 said:

P.S.

Personal pizza at Tarry Lodge, Chef's salad or cheeseburger at Kelly's

Who are you? Lol. Yes the pizza at Terry Lodge and the cheeseburger at Kellys! Kelly's best burger I've ever had. And i've lived all over the world. Hard roll.