x635

50+ Dead, 53+Injured in Orlando Domestic Terror Related Shooting

5 posts in this topic

There are 50 dead and 50 more injured in the Orlando nightclub shooting, and Florida is under a state of emergency after Sunday morning's terrorism attack.

This is the deadliest mass shooting in the U.S. in at least 30 years. The massacre happened over a three-hour period. 

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-orlando-shooting-pulse-nightclub-story.html

WOW. This morning I had heard it was 20 dead, now the body count has risen dramatically. When I woke up they had already said this was a terrorist attack, my wife disputed this saying that it was a shooting, because the news was coming in so rapidly that new developments were not reaching all outlets and making it out to people at the same rate. At least if there is any sort of silver lining, the FBI has said there is no apparent continuing threat to Orlando. As we have learned from France, this does not mean there are not going to be multiple coordinated attacks. Stay safe and remember that even routine sounding calls can turn into something very different.

x635 likes this

I was told by a buddy who lives there that a firehouse is only about one block away. He said when this guys got there some guys ran back to the firehouse to get their own private vehicles and transport some of the injured to the hospital in their own private cars.

I would guess that for a city the size of Orlando, this would be on a scale for them similar to a NYC 9/11.

I just can't imagine pulling up to something like this. 

They say a lot of lives were saved being they were 3 blocks away from the Level 1 trauma center. They were getting truckloads and ambulance loads of patients at once, on top of 6 separate gunshot victims they were already treating.  You train for this, but it never really prepares you for something like this.

Next time people bring up the militarization of police.......

vodoly, BBBMF and AFS1970 like this

Innocence lost.  When we practiced years past for an MCI it was a bus accident or plane crash.  Maniacs and Terrorists weren't on the radar then.  Now you never know what you may be rolling up to.

EmsFirePolice and vodoly like this