x635

Dallas PD/DART PD LODD's

6 posts in this topic

“In the end, three things remain: faith, hope and love, OK? We need all three today. We must have faith in each other, in our institutions. We must have hope and believe that tomorrow will be better — and it will. And we must love one another, because if we don’t, this cancerous separatism will kill this body.” - Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings

fdalumnus and vodoly like this

Just wanted to send my kudos to my boys back at the Belltown FD in Stamford for their tribute to the Dallas 5. They've added a blue with black border stripe to the rigs.

Good job boys!!

BFD Dallas tribute.jpg

Edited by FFPCogs

Thank you for all you do.

You keep our country safe

Under the red, white, and blue.

That was written in a Thank you card by a young child and dropped off at a police station near me.

BFD1054, FFPCogs and EmsFirePolice like this

On July 12, 2016 many of us watched as a Memorial Service was being held for these FIVE Dallas Police Officers who had been randomly shot down and killed only a few days earlier. A very sad ceremony as we learned of each officers individual life. Most were family members with a wife and children at home.

On that date, exactly 30 years ago, July 12, in 1986, there was another tragic event involving a police officer. This involved the shooting of NYPD Officer Steven McDonald while on patrol in New York City's Central Park. As he and his partner approached three young individuals between the ages of 13 and 15, they started to run away. Those teenagers were in possession of a stolen bicycle. One of the suspects hid behind a bush. As Officer McDonald approached him three shots were fired by that youth hitting Officer McDonald.

One bullet hit him in the head. A second bullet hit him in his throat causing a speech disability. The third bullet shattered his spine making him a quadriplegic and in need of a ventilator.

Since that shooting NYPD Officer wrote a book called; "Why Forgive". He also watched his son follow in his footsteps into the NYPD and recently get promoted within the ranks.

Here is a short video that tells some of his story.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=buEduIW86wo

Kudo's to Belltown for the new livery, I am surprise it got approved.

I would also like to say Kudo's to Bedford Hills VFD for going dark at Mt. Kisco Parade, too bad that from what I understand parade rules require a band. I might have been tempted to only bring muffled drums.

FFPCogs likes this