Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doug_e

MCI in Croton Falls this morning?

28 posts in this topic

Does anybody have the scoop on this? Around 08:45 this morning. 5 ambulances, 2 on stand by, 4-5 Medics, >10 patients.

it was a school bus crash up past Saint Joseph's church. Lots of scared kids from summer camp. I dont think that there were any serious injuries correct me if im wrong

I think it was a small bus accident- the radio transmissions were unclear. The accident was on Croton Falls Rd,North Salem.

there were many ambulances needed for the numerous patitents somers had 2 there Carmel, North Salem, I think mahopac. There were a lot of patients that had to be moved. It was a good job by croton Falls and North Salem VAC for organizing it so well.

I think that I heard the chief transmit that there were 8 or 9 victims transported

3 medics (1 putnam, 2 WEMS), 2 north salem ambulances (3 patients), 2 somers ambulances (3 patients), 1 mahopac ambulance (2 patients), 1 ALS to danbury (Putnam medic & North Salem), 7 BLS (NWH, they were called prior and said ok to take them all), 1 RMA, 1 Carmel ambulance on stand by at scene (No patients)

I believe the call was in Mahopac Fire District

The accident was on the border of Mahopac FD's district with Croton Falls FD on their side. All the kids in the school bus were minor injuries. The driver that caused the accident was taken to Danbury Hospital(level 2 Trauma Center).

It sounded to me as thought the Croton Falls Chief was the IC. However, I didn't hear the Putnam side of the operation.

it was a mini bus w/ 8 children going to camp kiwi(where i work)... all 8 children were transported to Northern Westchester BLS to be checked out... one child had a minor bruse under left eye and another had a minor cut to the arm, other then that nothing to big for the children... 3 returned to camp later that day the rest went home w/ parents... the driver of the bus was back today but was in the passenger seat, w/ another driver... location of the call was croton falls road past the crossway heading toward St. Joes (putnam county- mahopac fd district)... M/a supplyed by carmel, somers, croton falls, and north salem.... the first dispatch was mahopac then croton falls was notified right afterwards... both bus and car were totaled... as for ic- i know county car 4 (putnam county) was working w/ mahopacs chief and they both worked w/ the chief from croton falls... overall all departments from putnam and westchester worked good together and great job by all... quick response and everybody handled themselves very professionally- and they people from camp kiwi extend their deepest graditudes to all of us...

overall all departments from putnam and westchester worked good together and great job by all

Good to hear. Nothing drives me more nuts than people bickering about who's area it was in and who was/shoulda been in charge.

location of the call was croton falls road past the crossway heading toward St. Joes (putnam county- mahopac fd district)... M/a supplyed by carmel, somers, croton falls, and north salem.... the first dispatch was mahopac then croton falls was notified right afterwards...

If this was East of the causeway, it was in Croton Falls District. There was another PIAA later the same day in the same area between an SUV and a garbage/recycle truck.

overall all departments from putnam and westchester worked good together and great job by all

Good to hear. Nothing drives me more nuts than people bickering about who's area it was in and who was/shoulda been in charge.

So who was in charge of transportation? 4 medic's were on scene, where they all needed? Why did all the kids go to one hospital? Are any other hospitals close?

The hospital asked for all of the patients since none were seriously hurt and the hospital used it as a drill i believe

Also since none of the kids were seriously injured, and they were all from the Bedford area, it was easier to have parents meet them at NWHC.

how long is the trip down to NWH?

The hospital asked for all of the patients since none were seriously hurt and the hospital used it as a drill i believe

NO, thats not right

how long is the trip down to NWH?

About 20-25 minutes

7 BLS (NWH, they were called prior and said ok to take them all)

They didn't ask, They had to be sold on the idea. It was

NOT used and/or treated like a drill.

I heard that the medic was obnoxious and started a fight with one of the fire chiefs.

Word on the street is that he always is. Which Fire Chief?

I heard that the medic was obnoxious and started a fight with one of the fire chiefs.

Which medic and what was the fight about?

I think it might be that eskimonian one. He is heartless.

Im not 100% if that was true or not... I know the scene created alot of confussion and probally stress levels were high but I dont recall any arguments occuring unless it was on the side were nobody saw it... With many factors that come into play, this call put alot of pressure on the chief officers who were in charge...

I suspect it's partly a joke.

It's a little inside humor people, lol.

S.G. is just misunderstood.

It's little people Humor.

Huh?

There is no "Little Humor" , Just little people.