Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x242Steve

Mamaroneck Parade Trophies

14 posts in this topic

Anyone have a list of who won what last night?

Anyone have a list of who won what last night?
yeah

best rescue . darien

best tower bedford hill

most men port chester

best over all port chster

thats all i can remember off the top of my head

Best Explorers

Best Color Gaurd

Best Regulation

2nd Best Tanker

Furthest Distance

----Lake Carmel

Best Band Music Makers- Marching for Lake Carmel

best tanker bed hills

best engine over 10 mt. Kisco

I just want to reiterate that superstar Bedford Hills Tower Ladder 57 won best TL, and Tanker 5 won best Tanker. Just confirming what we already know.

Who judges Mamaroneck, BTW?

Mamaroneck judged their own parade last night.

...jus curious..what is this big fascination with TL57...or 57 truck as some seem to call it...wondering if it has to do with it being a seagrave and thus resembling the city's?

port chester also won

2nd best tl

2 best end under 10 years

and best twirler

Purchase FD took home:

2nd best non-regulation uniform

3rd best Tower Ladder- 2000 Seagrave

2nd best Rescue- 2004 Seagrave

BEST Engine under 10 y/o- 2003 Seagrave

There shouldn't be any judging at any Parade's- how can one Rig be any better than the next Rig, Too much Politics involved.

and now a days you even get 2nd best , 3rd best of something. etc... What a Joke. Go and March, If you go just to win a trophy, you're marching for the wrong reasons. :roll:

Just a Thought. Also some Departments are more busy than other Departments.

pbvpm wrote:

There shouldn't be any judging at any Parade's- how can one Rig be any better than the next Rig, Too much Politics involved. 

judging isnt done solely on the technical aspect of the engine, truck, ect. Its done also with the work put in to make the apparatus look nice. Washing, waxing, tire cleaning, the list could go on forever.

My department is far from a "parade department," but we all enjoy cleaning up the apparatus and showing them off to the public. In the end its feel nice to know that your time and effort that you put into making the apparatus look extreamly nice is rewarded.

:D So Seth, When are you finally going to move to Bedford Hills? The ladder awaits you!!

...jus curious..what is this big fascination with TL57...or 57 truck as some seem to call it...wondering if it has to do with it being a seagrave and thus resembling the city's?

Are you kidding me with that comment? :roll:

It has nothing to do with "resembling the city's", that type of comment is so off base it's not even humorous. Where did you come up with that? :roll:

It's because it's a Seagrave/Aerialscope, one of my favorite brands around. It's because the truck always rolls with full staffing of well trained, quallified, experienced, and enthusiastic personel. It's because the truck is so well-utilized It's because so much pride is taken in the truck, and it is kept up so nicely. It's because the truck is spec'd and equipped awesome. Most importantly, it's because of all my great friends in BHFD who take such good care of me and have always been supportive of me, and this goes before the website even existed. I have many favorite trucks in this county, and that's some of the reasons TL-57 is towards the top of my list. I take a lot of heat for my love of TL-57, and I don't care. I don't see what the big deal is, it's my issue!!!

To answer JML's comment, I'd love to at some point, lol!!!